1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The "I've Been Here a Year and I Appreciate You" GAW ***WINNERS ANNOUNCED***

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, May 31, 2019.

1. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks for keeping us posted.

Misplaced Hillbilly likes this.
  2. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    Obviously, it's a beautiful knife and I'm very happy to have it. Good-sized and -shaped blade in a nice slim handle, centered, great walk and talk.
    [​IMG]

3. t.willy

t.willy

Mar 31, 2016
    No problem I'm in no rush. Take your time. ✌

4. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Congratulations to @t.willy @scrteened porch May you enjoy the spirit in which these knives were offered. Thank you @waverave Darren, congratulations on your first anniversary. You’re one of nicest and most generous people here. There’s so many kind Souls like you on the Porch. It is good fortune and a privilege to have found this place. Thank you. It’s never about the knives. It’s always about the people.

waverave, Fodderwing, t.willy and 3 others like this.
  5. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    ^ Well said cigarrodog. :thumbsup:

waverave, t.willy and cigarrodog like this.
  6. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks again, @Misplaced Hillbilly .
    The pristine Parker has arrived:

DSCF2076.JPG DSCF2074.JPG DSCF2073.JPG DSCF2079.JPG
    Hail, Fellow Parker! Well met!

7. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    Glad you like it! I think they're well made knives

Fodderwing and Prester John like this.
  8. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    Darn tootin'.

9. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Congrats on that charming curved Parker Barlow, Jer!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Plaudits to David for his generosity! :):cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

10. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Thanks Harvey I really appreciate that :):thumbsup:

11. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
  12. t.willy

t.willy

Mar 31, 2016
    OK I have been meaning to post this thank you and photo for over two weeks now and just kept forgetting. The Boker is a beautiful knife thank you very much David it's actually my first one by this brand. I love that curved frame along with the great selection of blades witch have smooth action and great walk & talk. Also I'd like to thank Darren again for having the GAW as well as for giving me a knife I'd been curious about for years The #73 Square End Scout Trapper :cool::thumbsup: It turned out to be everything I'd hope it would be. I love that it's got Gator like Snap but not overly difficult to open or close. The thing about the #73 that surprised me most is how thin it is for its size. It's a perfect knife for EDC. Both these knives are now a raguler part of my weekly knife rotation thank you both for your generosity. It reminds me I need to do a GAW myself before to long. Stay tuned fellow knife knuts. ✌ 20190808_063126.jpg

13. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    :):thumbsup: Really glad you like it! Also I've been meaning to ask if it had arrived. And to apologize for taking so long to get it sent,seemed every weekend something was coming up :confused:.

t.willy and scrteened porch like this.
  14. t.willy

t.willy

Mar 31, 2016
    No worries there David it was worth the wait.✌:)

Misplaced Hillbilly likes this.