The Joker

Read up on that Remington and the .41 Rimfire a little. I was kind of surprised at the ballistics on the .41, it seems a bit on the anemic side. I guess it would be intimidating across a card table though.

It is anemic. If you shoot it at a piece of wood, it won`t even go through it. It`s just a cool old gun that was my Grampa`s, and then my Dad`s.

Very cool little piece with a lot of personal history. Funny about the wood comment, I read that a few times in some posts about the .41. "Shot four times at a telephone pole and two of them bounced off, the other two stuck but didn't even penetrate to the base of the slug"

Very cool little piece with a lot of personal history. Funny about the wood comment, I read that a few times in some posts about the .41. "Shot four times at a telephone pole and two of them bounced off, the other two stuck but didn't even penetrate to the base of the slug"

Sounds like something Skeeter Skelton wrote. I`ve read that even with the blackpowder .45 Colt, that is was not always the shot that killed, it was the infection from those dirty lead bullets.

If anyone is interested in one of these, they will go for $150 + $7 shipping.

I hate to say this but I'd go stainless and have go with a kydex sheath just due to how much I sweat when wearing kit. My wife says my fighting days are over but I feel there's still more wars to fight. Used to carry brass knuckles when Iraq and Afghanistan were fun. I've always carried fixed blades on my non firing side. But if you get taken down drawing that can be challenge until you dominate your opponent.

One of these in stainless would be a special size stock, not regular size. Cost for me would be prohibitive. I’ll try to post a picture tomorrow of something that you might like, if it’s too long I could make it shorter.

Well don’t be surprised if you get an order for one of each from me at some point.

The mini muk in the other thread looks fantastic with the ivory micarta.

My grandpa carried one of those fighting knifes in that style through ww2 and Korea. Sure wish I knew who had it. That old man sure did hate communists till the day he left. Oddly enough he passed when I raised my right hand. Funny how the world turns.

My grandpa carried one of those fighting knifes in that style through ww2 and Korea. Sure wish I knew who had it. That old man sure did hate communists till the day he left. Oddly enough he passed when I raised my right hand. Funny how the world turns.
Wonder if it was an M3 or if he had an Ek Commando knife.

That's a pretty slick letter opener. For those that have used knives of that design, does the knife cut pretty well? I always feel like having the thick center section for piercing or dual-edge would limit the ability to get a thinner grind with such a lack of blade width.

Back