The Just Hanging Out Thread.

cchu518

Basic Member
So... that was expected huh...lol. I don't know about you guys but I thought all in all it went for a really long time and alot of great stuff occured!
I'm just gonna keeping adding ppl as they coming into my head btw...

Yimes Yimes Worldwatcher Worldwatcher

Also @Neko2 thought this was a good place to give you an updated status on the airbook.

So Mac's unlike PC's apparently have an original user control when you try to reinstall the OS. Which is where my IT service is having a problem. They have to have the laptop physically with them to put a new owner OS system onto it or else restore the laptop via OS install from a UBS stick to get around the original user license issue.

My ops person at work is supposed to be doing that but she is basically contagious right now. It's like Dustin Hoffman Outbreak over here lol. So I'd rather she get well before coming back to the office. She's also in the middle of redoing our healthcare plans etc... and is up to her elbow in work.

The alternative is if you know about Macs, I don't. And can install Ubuntu on it or do a full wipe to get around the original owner issue with a fresh OS reinstall I can send it to you as is.

If you have the time to spare and can wait, then I'l keep on the IT service to rectify their screw up. My original intent was just to have them wipe the users and leave a guest user password up but they had issue with that because my company was the registered license owner of some of the software. Either way let me know!

Last edited:
I’m here. I had fun, Most importantly hopefully I was able to give others to opportunity to try things they wouldn’t have otherwise.

Interacted with some good people and saw a few that I will steer clear of in the future.

Time to move on. This is a good start.

As they say....

“It is a wretched thing that the young men of today are so contriving and so proud of their material posessions. Men with contriving hearts are lacking in duty. Lacking in duty, they will have no self-respect.” from the Book of the Samurai

In this case it was some of the old guys too!

What's up gents . I enjoyed that PIF thread and even though I've been registered here for quite some time, I really just recently got back into the knife game. I'm glad to have "met" some cool people through the PIF thread.

What's up gents . I enjoyed that PIF thread and even though I've been registered here for quite some time, I really just recently got back into the knife game. I'm glad to have "met" some cool people through the PIF thread.
Same here, just got back into knives a couple months ago. It was good for awhile. I am sure our new friends will be here soon to tell us what idiots we all are. On another note my brothers xmas present for me arrived today. A cpk fk2, loving it!

Same here, just got back into knives a couple months ago. It was good for awhile. I am sure our new friends will be here soon to tell us what idiots we all are. On another note my brothers xmas present for me arrived today. A cpk fk2, loving it!
Nice, have you batoned it through a nail and cinder block with it yet!

I have been a member for over a year and it took this fiasco to get me to visit that other part of the forum. Interesting place. Especially the Pirate section. I think I’ll stay over here as well.

I have been a member for over a year and it took this fiasco to get me to visit that other part of the forum. Interesting place. Especially the Pirate section. I think I’ll stay over here as well.
Yeah my first time too. It was fun messing with them for awhile. Never trolled before so my game is weak lol.

I have been a member since about 2010 and I don’t think I have ever been over there. It seems to bring out all the internet tough guys. Where the F word is a noun, verb, adjective..... it probably cures diseases! Thank god for ...ing ...er ...est or there wouldn’t be any variety.

Checking in. Hopefully a new PIF thread will resurface in a few weeks. That thread did more good then bad with more good people then bad people. I was a semi-lurker who didn't read all the posts so I'm not sure what happened (and it's too late now).

I generally like them guys over there, super knowledgable, have amazing collections, have been here from the start. That said...more often than not they get over the top with challenging one another to be as dirty, whitty or sardonic as possible. I'm not down on pouncing on people either. It's just too much though.

Checking in. Hopefully a new PIF thread will resurface in a few weeks. That thread did more good then bad with more good people then bad people. I was a semi-lurker who didn't read all the posts so I'm not sure what happened (and it's too late now).

Things are going. Plans to maybe create some structure. @JupiterPaladin @sabre cat I do believe that the thread needs in essence a credo.

Like:
1 The thread is for putting in an unused knife and to take out an knife of equal or greater value to try out for fun
1.a Knives that are taken from the pool are meant to be kept or placed back in the pool but ultimately if its in the pool whomever is in possession of the knife can do as they please with it. No questions. This is a caveat to the person placing a knife of value into the pool, to not expect an act of kindness to be returned. This will prevent situations where several members grabbed a semi-high value knife and put back multiple items in the pot that no one wanted.
2 The owners of the knives ultimately dictate the terms and if the original owner wants to send out that knife to an individual
3 Acts of kindness like no return knife placed into the pool of knives to try have to be dictated
4 Offers of lesser value can be refused. Period.
5. Items that sit for more than a month should be purged and the person putting those items in the pool have the option to replace those items or return the knife that was being tried out into the pool as opposed to keeping it.
6. Should be open to paid forum members only in order to keep out the riff raff

So lots of good came of it though, I feel at least. Off the PIF thread I sent @Deinos a G5 metamorph, no strings attached to try out, @Markisbear was sent a kitchen knife and @Sharp & Fiery in Canada was sent a set of Rough Rider knives and @Neko2 still has a laptop coming to him whenever it can get reconfigured.

Lots of great forum members were met and lots of old friends like Monofletch Monofletch remain vested so it's all good. I for one can't remember the stuff I pif but it includes multiple watches, Timex and Gshock mostly (I think 4 at least), a Landi EDC nib, endura, delica, the list goes on, I tried a bunch of knives that I put back into the pool and a few of my favorite edcs are a result of the thread including a sak pruner, metamorph 2, baby jess horn @Velitrius, and a Ripple 2 in Acuto which I need to edc more.

Back