The Just Hanging Out Thread.

it might be frost bad!
Hey! Some of my best friends buy Frost knives!

A very good friend spends a fortune on guns and ammo but will not spend more than twenty bucks on a knife.

One of his favorite blades is a Lion Steel clone from Ganzo. It came from an earlier PIF thread here on BF.com.

i've got a box of em, some gifts, and some (i admit) i bought myself.

but that was a different life and time...

Wow! It has been a long day cooking for the homeless in my area. I could not make it working as a cook for a living. Those guys work to hard.

At least I got to practice my knife skills.

For those of you that like to cook, how about posting pictures of your favorite kitchen knife?

Wow! It has been a long day cooking for the homeless in my area. I could not make it working as a cook for a living. Those guys work to hard.

For those of you that like to cook, how about posting pictures of your favorite kitchen knife?

Clipped Canadian belt knife made by JK knives. It's 4.5" long of 3/32" 154cm, with a full convex grind. Love it for anything that doesn't require an 8" chef's knife.

YxavlWNl.jpg

Before the CBK, it was these two. The CBK replaced the one on the left that was simple spring steel from Europe (roughly 5160 with lower carbon) that didn't hold an edge all that well when I tried it in the woods but found out it worked great in the kitchen. Then, I wanted stainless and the same shallow convex grind. The bigger chef's knife is a bit of a blend of a chef's and a santoku, a wharncliffe chef's knife. If my work station was bigger at home, it would see a lot more use but my our kitchen is poorly designed with usable countertop space that will be addressed in a future remodel.

Phx16bOl.jpg

Dexter Russell Chinese chefs knife. Absolutely amazing. I abuse this thing, run it in the dishwasher. Sharpens up fast cuts veggies paper thin and the flat side works as a spatula. This particular one I've been using almost daily for 25 years.
DGmVe51.jpg

Finally, just today I wore the Invicta Grand Diver. It came as part of a pair of watches, which hopefully JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin is enjoying the other one. Again, can’t remember who it came from, but I’ll figure it out.
Indeed I am my friend! My only actively working watch :thumbsup: The Casio digital from middle school and my 1988 Mickey Mouse watch are packed away with other childhood stuff ;)
J38GJju.jpg

Looks like it's time to cut some stuff eh woodysone woodysone ? :D

This reground Basic 4 in Boye Dendritic 440c is the most used knife in the kitchen. It hasn't needed more than an occasional touch on ceramic rods since I reground it last year sometime...
screenshot_20191003-144513_photos-2-jpg.1206952

Last edited:
Indeed I am my friend! My only actively working watch :thumbsup: The Casio digital from middle school and my 1988 Mickey Mouse watch are packed away with other childhood stuff ;)
J38GJju.jpg

Looks like it's time to cut some stuff eh woodysone woodysone ? :D
Did woodysone woodysone make those handles? Love that, I do have a blank lc200n mule that would look great in those if anyone is looking for an xmas present for me:)

This reground Basic 4 in Boye Dendritic 440c is the most used knife in the kitchen. It hasn't needed more than an occasional touch on ceramic rods since I reground it last year sometime...
screenshot_20191003-144513_photos-2-jpg.1206952
That looks a lot like the knife that my friend Ed has. From what I understand it holds up quite well in salt water.

I want to say it’s made by somebody named Boyd, or something like that.

Neat little knife. I’ve heard the prices of gone up on them substantially in the last few years.

Last edited:
Did woodysone woodysone make those handles? Love that, I do have a blank lc200n mule that would look great in those if anyone is looking for an xmas present for me:)
Would be glad to make a set for you after Christmas. Have a blank Lc200n all you would need to do is send me yours and I could send you back a completed one. Have plenty of wood and other material.

Last edited:
Would be glad to make a set for you after Christmas. Have a blank Lc200n all you would need to do is send me yours and I could send you back a completed one. Have plenty of wood and other material.
Wow! Thank you sir, a very kind offer indeed. I was just joking around but that would be great. Ill send you a pm.

Just an update...since somehow I stopped getting notifications on this thread and thought it was a goner...

From the PIF thread...
I received a Kershaw Salvo from woodysone woodysone that gets used at work regularily. :) It is somewhat special to me, as I had one in my earlier days of collecting, and its a solid knife.
I also received a “goodness of his heart” Mule from woodysone as well. Being the tinkerer that I am, I had to remove the “guard” as I dislike them immensely. This knife is fantastic, and is a companion when out on my property. Love the handles, and thank you so so much.
I believe I received the Dr.’s Knife from @RoachBelly44 (if I am wrong, please correct me) It has travelled in my first aid pouch since its arrival, and thankfully hasnt had to be used for that purpose yet.
The G3 is still on its way, and I cant wait to check it out. If its not for me, a new home has already been chosen for it. (A member of the PIF thread)
Finally, cchu518 cchu518 sent me a few RR’s. The swayback got some filework done by me, and has travelled in my “coin” pocket since arrival. It has dug many a sliver out of my hands so far, and cut bagels. Lol. Yup.
The other RR’s got filework as well, and with Chris’s blessing, they will be given to three of my nephews this holiday season. Thank you for getting me interested in the swayback!!

I just thought I would update you all. :)

Last edited:
That looks a lot like the night at my friend Ed has. From what I understand it holds up quite well in salt water.

I want to say it’s made by somebody named Boyd, or something like that.

Neat little knife. I’ve heard the prices of gone up on them substantially in the last few years.
Yup, David Boye...the cast 440c like mine is very corrosion resistant but the Dendritic cobalt he uses is rust-proof:thumbsup:

Back