The Just Hanging Out Thread.

gixqXi0.jpg

Chopping up okra for my critters, the knife works great as a spatula to scoop everything up.

try pickled okra

my latest kitchen knife, and current favorite was a gift for my bday back in september - made by guy back home whose family has a connection to mine.
he recently relocated back to the area and has been making knives for a while.

walnut, copper, and torquoise? handle, 52100 blade - has been a joy in the kitchen

i-Rhh7Skn-M.jpg
i-TBVfXrb-M.jpg

Merry Christmas Eve... Eve, y'all! :D Everyone pick out their package duty knife yet? Sharpening and oiling up the Drover (Thanks again, @Yimes!) for that task as I type. Actually, taking a stab at getting all of my knives sharpened, stropped, and oiled today (now that I have all of my Christmas chores out of the way)... gonna take awhile... the fam might think I have run away before I am done :p

Merry Christmas Eve... Eve, y'all! :D Everyone pick out their package duty knife yet? Sharpening and oiling up the Drover (Thanks again, @Yimes!) for that task as I type. Actually, taking a stab at getting all of my knives sharpened, stropped, and oiled today (now that I have all of my Christmas chores out of the way)... gonna take awhile... the fam might think I have run away before I am done :p
Merry Christmas Eve Eve to you too.

I have not even thought about a package knife. Glad you did.

I think my Benchmade 531 is going to volunteer for X-Mas duty this year. Or, maybe a Vic Cadet.

So, it’s the day after Christmas and I have to ask the following question, what knife or knives did you use opening your packages?

In my case I carried two knives knives. A full-size Griptilian with a sheep‘s foot blade. The second knife was a Swiss Army knife with German markings. The SAK is what I ended up using.

Both knives came from our recent pay it forward thread.

So, it’s the day after Christmas and I have to ask the following question, what knife or knives did you use opening your packages?

In my case I carried two knives knives. A full-size Griptilian with a sheep‘s foot blade. The second knife was a Swiss Army knife with German markings. The SAK is what I ended up using.

Both knives came from our recent pay it forward thread.

Ended up using my native 5 at home, maserin plow at family Christmases, and then my soon to be released pocket woodcrafter for breaking down boxes after opening gifts.

I weirdly stopped getting notifications for this thread came looking when I happened to spot zacboy putting his name in for the week 52 BF giveaway just a shaking my head moment and hoping he doesn’t get it and hoping it will be due to spark throwing out his name.

I weirdly stopped getting notifications for this thread came looking when I happened to spot zacboy putting his name in for the week 52 BF giveaway just a shaking my head moment and hoping he doesn’t get it and hoping it will be due to spark throwing out his name.

I guess he has just as much right to enter as any of us. Besides, what are his chances of winning?

I’ve tried numerous times and never gotten zip. I doubt if he would win the last drawing.

I guess he has just as much right to enter as any of us. Besides, what are his chances of winning?

I’ve tried numerous times and never gotten zip. I doubt if he would win the last

Well if he does win, you could also be a winner a few days later when it’s posted on fleabay. :rolleyes:

Just a quick note to wish all of you a happy new year.

2019 has not been the best year for me or for some extended family members.

However, one of the good things has been the members here on blade forums. Building on friendships new and old has been a blessing for me this whole year.

I am grateful to all of you that have reached out in friendship over this last year. Thank you.

Once again, happy new year!

Back