The Just Hanging Out Thread.

Congrats, bud!

Work meetings from home has become the new mullet... business up top... party on the bottom... :D
It was really funny you said that as I had been interviewing with a pretty funny lady. She worked in venture cap and she showed the goods to make me laugh. She had on regular on top but was wearing sweat pants underneath. I had cracked a joke about it and she said that's exactly what she was doing lol. It was a position with one of the cryto offerings so I'm guessing it was better that I didn't land that one.

I just picked up this guy as well. Not a lot of knife stuff going on during the pandemic for me. Canik Combat Elite, it comes from the factory loaded with goodies from Salient Arms. Ammo is $40 a box though so I'm unmotivated to go out and break her in...need to save that for the zombies I guess.

KjUthmi.jpg

I just picked up this guy as well. Not a lot of knife stuff going on during the pandemic for me. Canik Combat Elite, it comes from the factory loaded with goodies from Salient Arms. Ammo is $40 a box though so I'm unmotivated to go out and break her in...need to save that for the zombies I guess.

KjUthmi.jpg
First, congrats on the new job.

Is that now the going rate for 9 mm ammo? Wow. I have shelves upon shelves of boxes and bulk 9 MM ammo (and .38 special, and .357 magnum, and .380 auto, and . . . ). So I haven't purchased any for several years. I believe I paid about $160 for 1000 rounds bulk 9 mm the last time I bought any. If 80 cents a round is now the going rate, I'm glad I bought so much so many years ago.

Is that now the going rate for 9 mm ammo? Wow. I have shelves upon shelves of boxes and bulk 9 MM ammo (and .38 special, and .357 magnum, and .380 auto, and . . . ). So I haven't purchased any for several years. I believe I paid about $160 for 1000 rounds bulk 9 mm the last time I bought any. If 80 cents a round is now the going rate, I'm glad I bought so much so many years ago.

Yup... 1000 rounds of Blazer Brass 147gr was about $829.00 last I checked... :poop:

I’ve been home for a year with my wife also working full time and a toddler and it’s the most exhausting thing I’ve ever done.

I hear ya. Similar situation with a 5 yr old doing home schooling...

It certainly is right now. An old client of mine in Florida right before things hit the fan the first time bought a pallet of 9 and 22. He shoots IDPA but I'm sure he's flipping the ammo these days even though he doesn't need to.

KjUthmi.jpg
Nice fireman man. :thumbsup:

$40 a box really isn’t that... inviting.

I shoot .22 and airsoft, which is much cheaper than that. A bottle of .46g sniper bbs runs me about $14 (555x count) and a box of .22 LR rounds usually costs me about $12.

Nice fireman man. :thumbsup:

$40 a box really isn’t that... inviting.

I shoot .22 and airsoft, which is much cheaper than that. A bottle of .46g sniper bbs runs me about $14 (555x count) and a box of .22 LR rounds usually costs me about $12.
Nice I'm a paintball guy myself. The fields that I play at all run airsoft games adjacent to the fields where we play though!

PIF heads up.

Btw, I'm prepping a Alienware laptop. It's heavy, has an older i5 chip in and a full sized graphics card. It was my wife's gaming laptop. Battery has always only held about a 2 hour charge bc of the NVIDIA card in it.

If someone at the local school isn't going to grab it I'm going to do one of those PIF things again on this thread.

The laptop comes fully loaded and updated. I will have to pull the MS Office from it as it's my wife's license, but I will add on Libra or some equivalent office suite.

The local shop had a pile of 9mm in stock. It was Blazer and PCI (or PMC I don’t remember). I said, “at $58.99 a box no wonder you have a bunch in stock.” He laughed and said “people are still buying it up!”. I have 6-8 boxes in my stash. All I need is 357 mag.

The local shop had a pile of 9mm in stock. It was Blazer and PCI (or PMC I don’t remember). I said, “at $58.99 a box no wonder you have a bunch in stock.” He laughed and said “people are still buying it up!”. I have 6-8 boxes in my stash. All I need is 357 mag.
Or maybe some shotgun slugs as it will be in plentiful of supply for zombies and anarchists.

That's awesome! Forgot I even did that one. I still have like 3-4 bare rods I think. Due to the price of lumber I've put off making my headboard and nightstands so maybe I'll finally buy that mini lathe and get crackin in those other rods.

Back