1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Just Hanging Out Thread.

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by cchu518, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Markisbear

Markisbear Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 8, 2019
    You are right,never should not be used,just need to find a way to fix it, no matter the time length.

bikerector likes this.
  2. bralexander

bralexander

Jun 8, 2014
    Well that is pretty damn cool! Glad you are getting some use out of it!
    Bruce

cchu518 and woodysone like this.
  3. Poriggity

Poriggity Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 2018
    I got this in the mail. I am a huge Husqvarna fan, I have an AWD push mower, string trimmer, and now a Commercial grade zero turn mower, all Husqvarna.. So when I saw this hatchet pop up on the PIF, I wanted to claim it, but didn't. Then @Coyja sent it to me anyway, along with this really cool SAK! Thanks so much man! These will definitely be put to use!

[​IMG]husqvarna by poriggity, on Flickr

4. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    You have a safari rack! I would love one of those.

I think the grand Cherokee rides a little bit nicer than your basic Cherokee like I have.

It’s certainly nicer with all the bells and whistle’s and a better interior.

It looks better too.

5. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Very cool!

sabre cat and woodysone like this.
  6. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    It’s examples like this that sparked my interest in the PIF thread, doing something with nothing expected in return.;)

7. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    So...what happens with the plate of poo?

8. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    That’s a really nice PIF, IMO.
    I have been considering a Husqvarna axe myself. I don’t need one, I just want a small forest axe. I think that’s what it’s called.

I finally got the folding saw I was after. Hinted at Xmas time for three or four years with zero results. Finally got one by doing some trading with a neighbor.

It’s a 21 inch Sven Saw. Nice and compact. Rides in the Cherokee.

Another on the list of wanted tools that I don’t really need is a Buck Froe.

bikerector likes this.
  9. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    That sounds funner than the usual bag of wool socks or anything else that I don't want. Save the times she gets me watches and knives one year she got me a starbenza and I almost lost it and shed a tear lol.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    woodysone likes this.
  10. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Normally, it gets taken out in the trash.

Instead, we got some wine & cheese and ate it up.

woodysone likes this.
  11. danbot

Oct 31, 2009
    Blue cheese? :D

12. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Is there some inside joke I'm missing, or do you, like I, think blue cheese tastes like poo?

13. danbot

Oct 31, 2009
    I've never tasted poo, but I imagine it tastes much like blue cheese, yes.

WValtakis and bikerector like this.
  14. danbot

Oct 31, 2009
    Apologies to anyone here who identifies as blue cheese. :oops:

15. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Think I saw before it shut down that you had put the Golden Eye back up? Didn't care for it?

woodysone likes this.
  16. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    I love getting socks. The problem is getting the wrong type of socks.

I swear most women have no clue as to what makes a great sock for men.

I hint every year for the same basic items and never get them.

The closest was last January. I had to sit down with my wife and tell her that I have been looking at a Spyderco D’Allara 3 for over two years. Also told her that it had recently been discontinued and that once they were gone the prices on the used market were going to skyrocket.

I got my Spyderco the same month. :)

17. Markisbear

Markisbear Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 8, 2019
    I just opened the package,thank you very much for the knife.

Worldwatcher and cchu518 like this.
  18. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Ok so just got home and this was in the mail. I swapped a mnandi for the small Inkosi with Insingo blade. Definitely a keeper, definitely going in the rotation.

Fit and finish is typical. The wharniefoot /sheepscliffe blade shape is extraordinary, basically a concave recurve with tons of belly.

That said the extra finger groove wasn't necessary and bc of that you need to have an exact average hand size for it to be a perfect fit. I suspect that there will be for most ppl at least one or two hotspots near the tip of the pocket clip / lockbar cutout and also the second finger groove. Size is perfect for urban edc but... I can easily see someone saying it's a rip-off and happily carry a mini grip.

As they feel about the same in hand. This one has the big pivot ratcheted down so there's no flicking it open either. Will leave it that way.

[​IMG]

Dcdavis, sbh06, woodysone and 3 others like this.
  19. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Insingo

My favorite blade shape of all CRKs.

Sigh...

20. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    You’ve never had my ex-wife’s cooking!

Sorry, I just could not resist. My ex-wife was actually a halfway decent cook.