The Just Hanging Out Thread.

This is bralexander bralexander Ripple from the pif at Nasdaq stock exchanges main studio this morning.

mgFfwXP.jpg
Well that is pretty damn cool! Glad you are getting some use out of it!
Bruce

I got this in the mail. I am a huge Husqvarna fan, I have an AWD push mower, string trimmer, and now a Commercial grade zero turn mower, all Husqvarna.. So when I saw this hatchet pop up on the PIF, I wanted to claim it, but didn't. Then @Coyja sent it to me anyway, along with this really cool SAK! Thanks so much man! These will definitely be put to use!

husqvarna by poriggity, on Flickr

You'll get it done sabre cat sabre cat . Jeeps certainly will cause you to empty every pocket. my $1400 Grand Cherokee I bought stock then suck $$$ into suspension tires etc.. And I'm not close to done yet :D

IMG_20190515_100340_604 by poriggity, on Flickr

You have a safari rack! I would love one of those.

I think the grand Cherokee rides a little bit nicer than your basic Cherokee like I have.

It’s certainly nicer with all the bells and whistle’s and a better interior.

It looks better too.

I got this in the mail. I am a huge Husqvarna fan, I have an AWD push mower, string trimmer, and now a Commercial grade zero turn mower, all Husqvarna.. So when I saw this hatchet pop up on the PIF, I wanted to claim it, but didn't. Then @Coyja sent it to me anyway, along with this really cool SAK! Thanks so much man! These will definitely be put to use!

Very cool!

Because we as people love to go negative so fast, it's really easy for someone to come in, drop a plate of poo in the middle of a room with a group of people in it, even a well-meaning group, and we end up just talking about the plate of poo. Soon, the only thing that seems important is that plate of poo, despite the fascinating art that is all over the walls or the interesting people within that room. We let that room and conversation turn to and become a plate of poo.
So...what happens with the plate of poo?

That’s a really nice PIF, IMO.
I have been considering a Husqvarna axe myself. I don’t need one, I just want a small forest axe. I think that’s what it’s called.

I finally got the folding saw I was after. Hinted at Xmas time for three or four years with zero results. Finally got one by doing some trading with a neighbor.

It’s a 21 inch Sven Saw. Nice and compact. Rides in the Cherokee.

Another on the list of wanted tools that I don’t really need is a Buck Froe.

That’s a really nice PIF, IMO.
I have been considering a Husqvarna axe myself. I don’t need one, I just want a small forest axe. I think that’s what it’s called.

I finally got the folding saw I was after. Hinted at Xmas time for three or four years with zero results. Finally got one by doing some trading with a neighbor.

It’s a 21 inch Sven Saw. Nice and compact. Rides in the Cherokee.

Another on the list of wanted tools that I don’t really need is a Buck Froe.
That sounds funner than the usual bag of wool socks or anything else that I don't want. Save the times she gets me watches and knives one year she got me a starbenza and I almost lost it and shed a tear lol.

Last edited:
A little late to this but I hope that it doesn’t go away. As for me it was a chance to meet a lot of great members here and interact. It showed me that there is good in this world, and bad. Hopefully the good wins out over the bad and we all can work together towards this and leave the pettiness behind.

Think I saw before it shut down that you had put the Golden Eye back up? Didn't care for it?

That sounds funner than the usual bag of wool socks or anything else that I don't want. Save the times she gets me watches and knives one year she got me a starbenza and I almost lost it and shed a tear lol.

I love getting socks. The problem is getting the wrong type of socks.

I swear most women have no clue as to what makes a great sock for men.

I hint every year for the same basic items and never get them.

The closest was last January. I had to sit down with my wife and tell her that I have been looking at a Spyderco D’Allara 3 for over two years. Also told her that it had recently been discontinued and that once they were gone the prices on the used market were going to skyrocket.

I got my Spyderco the same month. :)

Ok so just got home and this was in the mail. I swapped a mnandi for the small Inkosi with Insingo blade. Definitely a keeper, definitely going in the rotation.

Fit and finish is typical. The wharniefoot /sheepscliffe blade shape is extraordinary, basically a concave recurve with tons of belly.

That said the extra finger groove wasn't necessary and bc of that you need to have an exact average hand size for it to be a perfect fit. I suspect that there will be for most ppl at least one or two hotspots near the tip of the pocket clip / lockbar cutout and also the second finger groove. Size is perfect for urban edc but... I can easily see someone saying it's a rip-off and happily carry a mini grip.

As they feel about the same in hand. This one has the big pivot ratcheted down so there's no flicking it open either. Will leave it that way.

ELY5dHI.jpg

Back