The K390 Thread - Photos and Experiences

Order an Endela today. Been wanting to check out that model and why not in K390. I’m almost ordered the police model but I’ve had one of those mini swords before. Don’t really need that much blade length.

I am intrigued by the K390 Endela too. Looks like a sweet small/medium folder to have. Never tried an Endela but hope the ergo is great.

k390 Delica every day at work. k390 Endela evrey day after work. I do believe this IS the steel for me and sharpening is not a problem like some have stated. I think it is time to sell some knives

Order an Endela today. Been wanting to check out that model and why not in K390. I’m almost ordered the police model but I’ve had one of those mini swords before. Don’t really need that much blade length.

I ordered the Endela for the same reason. I liked K390 and hadn't tried an Endela before. I knew the Delica was a little small for me and overall I've been really happy.

k390 Delica every day at work. k390 Endela evrey day after work. I do believe this IS the steel for me and sharpening is not a problem like some have stated. I think it is time to sell some knives

Seriously - this stuff takes to stones without issue. I love it.

I am intrigued by the K390 Endela too. Looks like a sweet small/medium folder to have. Never tried an Endela but hope the ergo is great.

I have really large hands and the Endela is as small as I'd like to go because it still fits my hand fairly well.

K390 is the best steel currently available in production knives.

I bought a Mule Team 17 the minute they dropped back in the day. That knife became my go-to kitchen beater. It’s seen more abuse than any knife I’ve owned and it’s still going strong, even though I’ve had to thin the blade behind the edge a few times. Because of how well the Mule treated me, I jumped on the K390 PM2 and haven’t looked back. It’s my EDC when I’m not at work, and I genuinely can’t envision what would replace it.

Trust me - if this dude says steel is good, it's good! I've seen him wear out knives.

You guys are terrible, aka Endela K390 inbound... :)

And even though my first K390 is a week away, I'm already thinking the world needs a K390 Yojimbo2.

Last edited:
The Endela is great but this knife is quickly becoming my favorite. Trying to decide if I wanna order a deep carry for it.

sudK7zUMms8Bcs3SqllOM-qI8ssdChA5R3QeaW8rKCTamPyAX8uAEaBME7NETtvTl-5yTjeJVzPsyfham1-v7UwdYAdvacmBopcPY23u_8zeUKwzdgz1Sgx6pGb0nWv-PWT4tgzKoV0=w2400

I recently put a deep carry clip on my UKPK and love it. I now have 2 more coming in the mail, 1 for my k390 Delica and 1 for my k390 Endela
clips are from Lynch. Titanium clips are great addition

To me, K390 is what Maxamet was supposed to be, as an improvement over M4. It's possibly my favorite hard-use folder steel.

Just rocking a PM2 with it.

Man this thing holds an edge!

That’s a great way to say it, it has almost as much edge retention without the downsides like being so brittle. I would imagine that it is easier to work with as well for the maker.

That’s a great way to say it, it has almost as much edge retention without the downsides like being so brittle. I would imagine that it is easier to work with as well for the maker.
Which is why I'm hoping to see some hollow grinds too, like the Yojimbo2.

So there could never be a sprint run k390 PM2 nor an exclusive to another dealer other than BBS, correct? The BBS one is about $240 when shipping fee is added, which makes it the most expensive PM2 ever seen by me (kw cf m4 had the same price but that one has cf scales).

You lads are either a good or bad influence on me. I know not which. But either way, I am muchly debating with myself whether I would rather own an Endura or Police Lightweight in K390. From a purely utilitarian perspective, its the Endura. From the "giant expanse of K390" and cool factor, its the Police. I've already ordered a stainless clip for whichever one it is.

But wait, I thought "super steels" were hard to sharpen, lol! Got the Mule, Endela, and Delica in K390, along with others from other makers. Love this steel, so easy to sharpen....

You lads are either a good or bad influence on me. I know not which. But either way, I am muchly debating with myself whether I would rather own an Endura or Police Lightweight in K390. From a purely utilitarian perspective, its the Endura. From the "giant expanse of K390" and cool factor, its the Police. I've already ordered a stainless clip for whichever one it is.

Definitely the cool factor and plenty of reach with the police. Here's mine next to a large CRK for comparison ;)

OeTqnVv.jpg

My new K390 Police arrived today, finally get to try it out! Only thing I'm not a fan of are the teal blue scales. Any recommendations for aftermarket Police scales?

Back