The K390 Thread - Photos and Experiences

TY5NtJh.jpg

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this, but I remember Sal confirming that a fully serrated G10 police 4 in K390 was approved for production a little while ago. If I’m wrong or this has changed feel free to correct.

I need a Police 4 in my life. Where can I get one in K390?

Got a K390 Endela coming next week. This will be my first Endela. I'll see if it will kick the K390 Delica out of my pocket or my collection. My plan is to eventually keep only one among these three K390s: PM2 (BBS), Endela, and Delica. Never owned a K390 PM2 but I know how PM2 feels in hand and pocket.

I like the k390 it's a great steel.

Still I Don't think it's all the rave. K390 has shown to be brittle and chippy.
There are ones I enjoy more that are not as prone to chipping.

Interesting. I don't have much experience using K390 other than the Delica. Could you please put it in some context, like Brittle and chippy as compared to which other popular steels? Honest question.

Have you seen BBB put the Police4 thru it's paces? I haven't pushed my K390 Endela yet, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't prove out very well.

Got a K390 Endela coming next week. This will be my first Endela. I'll see if it will kick the K390 Delica out of my pocket or my collection. My plan is to eventually keep only one among these three K390s: PM2 (BBS), Endela, and Delica. Never owned a K390 PM2 but I know how PM2 feels in hand and pocket.

The K390 Endela, is my keeper..
Only had a Ladybug in K390, but didn't feel it was a good test size, for steel use..

I sold a couple Endura's, to buy the Endela. It's a pretty damn good size and very useful. The K390 has shown to be a good steel, for my ab-uses.

Interesting. I don't have much experience using K390 other than the Delica. Could you please put it in some context, like Brittle and chippy as compared to which other popular steels? Honest question.

I am using the k390 as a work/chore knife.
It chips fairly easily, close to what I've had cv20 do.
Similar steel that has not chipped under similar use is cruwear.

Hope that helps.

Have you seen BBB put the Police4 thru it's paces? I haven't pushed my K390 Endela yet, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't prove out very well.

Are you referring to the cinder block stabbing?!
Yes I've seen it.

I can only say what it does for me.

I received the K390 Endela. First impression is positive. This knife is slim but reasonably stout. It has the same size as PM2. The ergo is great, feels better than PM2. With this knife, I see no reason to get the K390 PM2. It is definitely significantly larger than Delica. Not sure if I'll move my K390 Delica.

I finally got my K390 Endura dull enough to require sharpening. Freeing up the root balls of some spruce trees I was planting, I had to cut away a lot of wet burlap that was saturated with soil and sand. I didn't notice that it was also stitched together with heavy steel staples. I probably hit those staples several times while cutting through the burlap. Anyway the knife was seriously dull after that. To bring it back to paper towel slicing sharpness took 100 passes on the diamond rods of the Sharpmaker and then another 150 or so on the brown rods. I've been really enjoying the performance of this steel, but was concerned how difficult it would be to sharpen. Turns out it's not bad at all. Liking it even more now!

Back