The KE Bushie

I agree that it does not get enough attention. One of my favorite designs!!!

IL1v5Lx.jpg

Martin

Damn Martin, that one is just gorgeous! I love that handle.

The postman came to the door today. So did my first KEB! I was actually a little skeptical, like I might have some buyer's remorse, because I wasn't sure if I would like the pattern of the handle's wood pattern. I purchased this from TKC, and their pictures didn't show the grain very well. I'm quite pleased with the actual look and color contrast of the grain.

Last edited:
The postman came to the door today. So did my first KEB! I was actually a little skeptical, like I might have some buyer's remorse, because I wasn't sure if I would like the pattern of the handle's wood pattern. I purchased this from TKC, and their pictures didn't show the grain very well. I'm quite pleased with the actual look and color contrast of the grain.

WOW, that's stunning

That's a beauty man! You made a good choice! :thumbup:

@Mish_Mike

IMG_1870-vi.jpg

Wow, that's a good looking one as well. Is that blackwood? The dark wood with bright green moss looks awesome!

I need to stay out of this thread! I already have a Bushfinger and an OS Ladyfinger and now I'm looking for a real good reason to have a KEB...

Oh, gosh. I really like the subtle striations in that African Blackwood. That's 1/8th, right? I'm really falling in like w/ the Muk-style blades. But the blade shape on the KEB is really a stroke of genius. Just so attractive in-hand. So tempted....

I'm a pretty bad photographer. I should have placed the knife in the small window of sunlight on the fallen log, but I don't think of these things on the spot. Nonetheless, KEB ftw!!

mInlroRh.jpg

Attachments

• mInlroRh.jpg
    mInlroRh.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
So, question...in the experience of owners of the KEB, is this the most "Woodlore clone-esque" Fiddleback? Grind not considered, that is. I'm in love with the Woodlore knife pattern and just acquired an Adventure Sworn Mountaineer which is absolutely amazing but I'd like to see how a Fiddleback option stacks up.

So, question...in the experience of owners of the KEB, is this the most "Woodlore clone-esque" Fiddleback? Grind not considered, that is. I'm in love with the Woodlore knife pattern and just acquired an Adventure Sworn Mountaineer which is absolutely amazing but I'd like to see how a Fiddleback option stacks up.

I don't have a Woodlore to compare it to, but I'd say it's definitely in that vein. Btw, you can get the KEB in a scandi. Here it is compared to a Skookum Bush Tool, which is also woodlore-esque.

Back