Photos The knife of your dreams

Hey everyone,

In my last thread, I was asking for advices about what you consider to be the best "fidget knife", and you made me discover a bunch of great knives I didn't know about. This gave me the idea of pushing the discovery a bit further with this post. (maybe this topic already exists somewhere in the forum, but the search was broken when I wanted to check)

Let's put money aside and dream a little. If you could have any knife in the world, be it for aesthetic or practical reasons, whatever its price is, which one would it be? Or maybe you're lucky enough to already own it?

As of today (these things sometimes change ^^), my dream knife is Zieba's S5 Stolen Souls. The amount of details in it is completely crazy, and I think it's really beautiful. And those inlays on the inner side of the handle are just the cherry on top!

s5_skulls_01.jpg

s5_skulls_05.jpg

s5_skulls_08.jpg

I could be happy with one of the higher-end Shirogorovs. I would prefer to spend that amount of money with an American maker, but CRK doesn’t make a flipper. :(

Maybe it’s funny, but my dream is classic Italian stilleto like Franc Beltrame. Unfortunately this knives prohibited in my country :(

Already own the knife of my dreams. This year 10 members here got together and built a custom knife for my retirement. The thought and detail and $ they put into a knife for a man they have never met in person, I don’t have words for, only mad respect. My name is Cv, so blade 20 CV, wharncliffe blade, 50,000 yr old kauri bog scales, knot work engraving, with pins formed with layers of copper, nickel, brass.
It is my Dream knife.
AE1B4970-71A1-45B2-AC1A-89F5669DAB61.jpeg 3FE5B0BA-6E6E-420D-B2D3-6C37DB23529C.jpeg 302602A8-075A-4A97-A855-FF610C0331D6.jpeg
3D8BF5B0-D825-4569-B1F5-530E0CDE8608.jpeg

Here's my dream - already have it. Enzo (Brisa) PK70 in D2 steel and full Scandi grind, barlow style. (sorry for the poor photo).
Rich

Last edited:
Already own the knife of my dreams. This year 10 members here got together and built a custom knife for my retirement. The thought and detail and $ they put into a knife for a man they have never met in person, I don’t have words for, only mad respect. My name is Cv, so blade 20 CV, wharncliffe blade, 50,000 yr old kauri bog scales, knot work engraving, with pins formed with layers of copper, nickel, brass.
It is my Dream knife.
View attachment 1454889 View attachment 1454886 View attachment 1454892
View attachment 1454894
Woah!!! The story is even more beautiful than the knife (which looks amazing)! Thank you for sharing!

Olamic tanto neck knife.
Or Viper Berus.

Both too expensive for me right now, and with service my current knives provide - I can't justify getting either of them.

Tony Bose custom stockman with 20CV or equivalent blades.

Esnyx custom stockman with 20CV or equivalent blades.

Tim Galyean custom Junkyard Dog running on washers with M4 blade.

I'm pretty happy with my Spyderco Shamans (standard and m4) and my Hinderer xm-18 and 24. They are what I carry 99% of the time!

I like this question - it got me thinking. I already have some knives that I really like, especially Shirogorovs. I like them because they are flippers, have great action, and have a great blade shape/grind. One of them is a custom division neon with a damascus blade. While the damascus dresses it up, I'd rather have a mirror-polished blade like on a Rockstead. So my dream knife would be a knife with a Shirogorov design and a mirror-polished blade.

For knives that actually exists: Flippa coin for fixed blades ... Condor Nessmuk, or Buck 103 with a 5160 carbon steel blade, or Condor Otzi.

Folding: Buck 110 with 5160 blades and oak covers. (1 each clip point and drop point.)
Vintage/Pre Depression/Pre War NIB/LNIB/MINT 5 1/2 inch closed two blade slipjoint Folding Hunter with 1095 blades, and original leather sheath.

Knives that exist only in my dreams:
Buck 110 with color case hardened steel bolsters and liners, 5160 or 1095 interchangeable FFG clip point, drop point, and spear point blades. Checkered walnut covers. Marine Bronze cover pins and pivot. No nail nicks.
Matching 4 5/8 to 5 inch closed 3 spring stockman, with full size FFG 1095 or 5160 clip point, spey/budding, sheepsfoot/lambsfoot blades with long pulls
Matching 5 inch closed two blade Sunfish with FFG 1095 carbon steel blades with long pulls, or the standard spear point, can opener, flat screwdriver/caplifter, punch awl blades, of a Scout/Camp/Utility/"Demo" knife.
Matching 4 1/2 inch closed Scout/Camp/Utility knife with 1095 or 5160 blades.
3 5/8 to 3 7/8 or 3 8/8 inch closed "Demo" knife with color case hardened handle, marine bronze pins/pivots, 1095 or 5160 blades, (unless there is a better carbon steel for the screwdriver/caplifter blade) and no "CAN OPENER" stamp or etch on that blade.
Spring tempered 5160 back springs on all.
A pull of between 3 to 4 (about like a Buck 301) on all blades. The Buck 110 can have it's standard call it a "5" pull, since it is pinchable.

i have less than zero desire to fight with a knife to open it when (not "if") my hands are cold and/or wet. :)

The possibility of my acquiring any of the above are less than my getting a pet fire breathing unicorn, 4 door Harley Davidson station wagon, or a new intergalactic UFO, and know how to operate the UFO.

Last edited:
Back