The Knife that Horace Kephart created......

Awesome. Had to post this again:

A75E6D87-45E8-4971-91C0-95AD6985428F_zpsyuvsybpp.jpg

When Blade falls on your anniversarybirthdayfathersdaymothersdayHERbirthday weekend...

Sigh

Well, I'll always have my 16
Nice work boss!

And to all of you lucky bastards who not only are going to blade but will have the privilege of "talking" with E about this knife...just think of Uncle E's presence in the knife community and he's JUST finally having a chance to hold this blade.
Probably a once in a lifetime chance for most folks to just gaze upon it in person

Wow, that was a really cool accounting. I really enjoyed hearing it, and i wish i coudl go, but work and family prevent such things. I wonder if i can ever con work into sending me ;)

it was a cool knife -- I will probably find it necessary to make an homage to it at some point -- I say homage, because no matter what I make, it won't be the same knife.

Hey 3ben....

If you get a chance to compare the Sweet Sixteen to the Kephart you will find them quite similar in the hand....... it is so close that talking the powers that be into a Becker styled Kephart ain't bloody likely....... To do it justice would require a ton of hand work..... Maybe a very limited edition down the pike..... Very, super, very unlikely...... I repeat....UNLIKELY...... Fun to think about tho....

E
Close, but no cigar, in my opinion.

BK16:

4.png

Kephart, that I Beckerized: http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/horace-kephart-tribute-beckerized.1497251/

Beckhart.png

Obviously, not to scale. I think this needs to happen Ethan. Even if a limited run for the Beckerheads. You tell John Stitt that the 'ol Dubz here said to make it happen. ;):D

Ethan, incredibly awesome of you to bring it to bladeshow. Wish I could have seen it in person.

Close, but no cigar, in my opinion.

BK16:

4.png

Kephart, that I Beckerized: http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/horace-kephart-tribute-beckerized.1497251/

Beckhart.png

Obviously, not to scale. I think this needs to happen Ethan. Even if a limited run for the Beckerheads. You tell John Stitt that the 'ol Dubz here said to make it happen. ;):D

But your mockup involves a completely new handle design, when Beckers have always been limited to the main 2 designs: tweener and regular. If you added the kephart blade to the tweener handle, it's be too close to the 16 to really qualify as a new enough design, but to design a brand new handle for a brand new knife seems a bit excessive considering the best design feature about all Becker knives are their handle designs.

Hmmmmm.......
I love when Uncle E says that, haha. What a complete, utter joy it would be, to have Mr. Kephart's design copied to a T, in a Becker format. It would be a great tribute to Mr. Kephart, may he rest in peace, to let everyone else get the opportunity afforded them to use what he perceived to be a great design, and brought back to life by a well known knife designer as well. Win win. It could be like the Reinhardt / Becker kukri collaboration, only this time a Kephart / Becker collab. Damn, I think this needs to happen...

But your mockup involves a completely new handle design, when Beckers have always been limited to the main 2 designs: tweener and regular. If you added the kephart blade to the tweener handle, it's be too close to the 16 to really qualify as a new enough design, but to design a brand new handle for a brand new knife seems a bit excessive considering the best design feature about all Becker knives are their handle designs.
Well, the tweeners were just released a few years back, first time for that handle. This would be a copy of the original Kephart. I do understand what you're saying though.

Last edited:
Back