The Knife that Horace Kephart created......

Getting all excited, and we're just at the "Hmmmmm......." stage, haha.

I wouldn't care if it was just a blade with no scales. I would make my own scales. Isn't that what we do here anyways?
I'd love to have an as close as possible duplicate of the original, Becker style. I'm sure the grinds would take some effort, since the blade is convexed from top to bottom, and he spine relieved, but I'm willing to pay more for the extra hand work involved.

Quite honestly, a knife such as this could be a huge hit. I have eyeballed Kephart styled knives for quite some time from other makers but they usually command a premium price and I try my damnedest to keep my per knife budget to around $100. If Mr. Becker and Ka-Bar offered up something like this, I could see it selling rather well.

I know I certainly would be in line, with cash in hand.

Getting all excited, and we're just at the "Hmmmmm......." stage, haha.

Warrior did you ever get your wife a nice present but you couldn't tell her. And you got so excited that to relieve some tension you dropped clues here and there about it. Is Mr E amping us up like a Tesla coil??? Let me rephrase that.Volting us up lol.

Warrior did you ever get your wife a nice present but you couldn't tell her. And you got so excited that to relieve some tension you dropped clues here and there about it. Is Mr E amping us up like a Tesla coil??? Let me rephrase that.Volting us up lol.
Don't wanna side track this thread, but yes. Her birthday is Wednesday. She's gonna love what I got for her. Anywhos, Kephart.

Quite honestly, a knife such as this could be a huge hit. I have eyeballed Kephart styled knives for quite some time from other makers but they usually command a premium price and I try my damnedest to keep my per knife budget to around $100. If Mr. Becker and Ka-Bar offered up something like this, I could see it selling rather well.

I know I certainly would be in line, with cash in hand.
I think it would be a hit as well. Would love, love, love to see this happen.

fortunately, i replaced Ethan's Kephart with a 3D printed plastic clone, and have the original.

i'm going to have some guys in Taiwan make new ones, to spec :D

stay tuned

fortunately, i replaced Ethan's Kephart with a 3D printed plastic clone, and have the original.

i'm going to have some guys in Taiwan make new ones, to spec :D

stay tuned
aahhhh.gif

Add to the tribute:

BeckhartwithSig.png

Little known fact:
Horace Kephart actually invented the mouse pad so he could sharpen his convex edge.

In fact, the surface of the pad was made with the hides of a dozen mice who willingly sacrificed themselves for the glorious purpose of sharpening Kephart's knife. That's how the "mouse pad" got its name.

True story.

On Wednesday I will meet My friend Joe Flowers over the ridge in North Carolina to meet with Pam Meister who is the director of The Mountain Heritage Center in Cullowee which is the home of Kephart papers and his personal blade......I hope to get Joe to take Pix..... i am quite excited..... I have been meaning to get over there for years...... I will be taking 129 over there which is the heart of Kephart Country....... More to come.....

E

On Wednesday I will meet My friend Joe Flowers over the ridge in North Carolina to meet with Pam Meister who is the director of The Mountain Heritage Center in Cullowee which is the home of Kephart papers and his personal blade......I hope to get Joe to take Pix..... i am quite excited..... I have been meaning to get over there for years...... I will be taking 129 over there which is the heart of Kephart Country....... More to come.....

E
Awesome. We need pics, and lots of them.

Back