Photos The knives of CMFTW (aka Charlie Mike aka Matt Freeman)

This tanto Matt made caught my eye and I had to have it. I traded him a nice knife and a good chunk of change for it. He told me it was the first knife he got a good hamon on. It's also ground on both sides which makes it SUPER rare. It's now in a good friend's collection.

image.jpg

image.jpg

It was made from an old bastard file. I put the ironic *pink* cord wrap on it, but underneath the wrap it still said "bastard". Matt said he left it on there intentionally. Classic!

It gets even better... He had a giveaway here on the forums for the knife I traded to him (a GEC pioneer). Man, what a guy.

RIP Matt. You're sorely missed.

Sorry AntDog!
I just saw this...
you know where it is brother...

While I've only got the hood rat knife I kind of wish Matt would have signed the knife with his signature. I am glad to have something his hands touched as well as his awesome CM Carry sheath design that he sent me with the hood rat. Thanks my friend you will be missed.

Doug

While I don't have anything Matt made, he is the primary inspiration in the way a often carry a medium size fixed blade.

CM Style!

Okay, not exactly the same. There is no cant. I carry concealed. The knives aren't huge. And it is left side opposite my firearm. Kydex, inverted, and edge out draw though. CM inspired me to carry a fixed every day with his system. He and his unique creativity will be missed.

2Rnd0Jxh.jpg

All of these are permanently set up for CM carry:
TE9Lg69h.jpg

You will be missed Matt, one of the kind, rest in peace with our other members who you are now with , FTW as you lived it , much respect as you always stood above the comments and what people said including me which we laugh on the phone about them, you beat your demons and came on top as well as you becoming a maker, salute.

I feel so sad and weary. It took me days to just be able to write about it. Charlie was a guy of talent and commitment. And he was light about it... A great person. And he liked cats. An outstanding person. If I ever was to go to the US, it would have been a priority to visit him. Too slow, too late, old man. So be it. RIP Charlie, I liked you. And you are sorely missed.

Very glad to have you all here to post these knives and memories.
Disappointed I found out so late, and that I didn't take him up on the custom he offered me.

Love that booze fighter! If you ever decide to get rid of it email me:) mhedrick17@yahoo.com

Hey Mhedrick17!
Sorry bud, I just saw this...

It's not very likely, uhm, actually, not ever is most likely!
This ones going with me...
But, it never hurts to ask!
It is a great knife, the sheath was unexpected too, I thought it would be kydex...

Damn, I miss the guy...
A small consolation is that I did tell him how much I love this knife, a few times...
I made sure to send him a short vid of me cracking one of them fake beers with it!!

Well, nice to e-meet you MH17, my names Randy, but they call me Sixx...
Take it easy bud!

I'm with you Skyhorse the same here. I used to love seeing what he would come up with next. He really had some great design ideas. He'll be missed, RIP Brother.

If you want to always remember our beloved CM simply wave your fix knife .....I will never forget when he did that to a fixed blade, I call him and asked Why??? !!!!, he simply said I wave everything ....lmao ....tears...lmao...

Back