1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photos The knives of CMFTW (aka Charlie Mike aka Matt Freeman)

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by T. Erdelyi, Jan 16, 2019.

1. 6850

6850 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Sorry AntDog!
    I just saw this...
    you know where it is brother...

2. W. Anderson

W. Anderson Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 22, 2016
    One for wood and one for meat. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  3. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Matt will be missed, at least we have somethings to remember him by. [​IMG] [​IMG].

4. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    While I've only got the hood rat knife I kind of wish Matt would have signed the knife with his signature. I am glad to have something his hands touched as well as his awesome CM Carry sheath design that he sent me with the hood rat. Thanks my friend you will be missed.

Doug

5. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    While I don't have anything Matt made, he is the primary inspiration in the way a often carry a medium size fixed blade.

CM Style!

Okay, not exactly the same. There is no cant. I carry concealed. The knives aren't huge. And it is left side opposite my firearm. Kydex, inverted, and edge out draw though. CM inspired me to carry a fixed every day with his system. He and his unique creativity will be missed.

[​IMG]

All of these are permanently set up for CM carry:
    [​IMG]

6. rio

rio

Sep 13, 2006
    You will be missed Matt, one of the kind, rest in peace with our other members who you are now with , FTW as you lived it , much respect as you always stood above the comments and what people said including me which we laugh on the phone about them, you beat your demons and came on top as well as you becoming a maker, salute.

d762nato and Nostimos like this.
  7. Mhedrick17

Mhedrick17

Oct 10, 2014
    Love that booze fighter! If you ever decide to get rid of it email me:) [email protected]

6850 likes this.
  8. Mossyhorn

Mossyhorn Enlightened Rogue Platinum Member

Dec 6, 2009
    I wish that I would've kept this knife. I sent Matt a design, and he made it for me.

metal_scraps.jpg

jbmonkey, W. Anderson and B.Mauser like this.
  9. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    What a beauty! Sorry if this has been posted already.

10. culpritish

culpritish

Mar 19, 2006
    [​IMG]

11. herisson

herisson Knuckle dragging and mean minded Neanderthal Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2013
    I feel so sad and weary. It took me days to just be able to write about it. Charlie was a guy of talent and commitment. And he was light about it... A great person. And he liked cats. An outstanding person. If I ever was to go to the US, it would have been a priority to visit him. Too slow, too late, old man. So be it. RIP Charlie, I liked you. And you are sorely missed.

d762nato and SeppukuSamurai like this.
  12. stwm

stwm

May 6, 2016
    Very glad to have you all here to post these knives and memories.
    Disappointed I found out so late, and that I didn't take him up on the custom he offered me.

13. W. Anderson

W. Anderson Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 22, 2016
    [​IMG]

jbmonkey and d762nato like this.
  14. Sergeua

Sergeua Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    I celebrate this.
    [​IMG]
    It's gorgeous. Matt even ground the K in the name...
    Hilarious.

jbmonkey, d762nato, 6850 and 2 others like this.
  15. 6850

6850 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Hey Mhedrick17!
    Sorry bud, I just saw this...

It's not very likely, uhm, actually, not ever is most likely!
    This ones going with me...
    But, it never hurts to ask!
    It is a great knife, the sheath was unexpected too, I thought it would be kydex...

Damn, I miss the guy...
    A small consolation is that I did tell him how much I love this knife, a few times...
    I made sure to send him a short vid of me cracking one of them fake beers with it!!

Well, nice to e-meet you MH17, my names Randy, but they call me Sixx...
    Take it easy bud!

16. skyhorse

skyhorse

Jan 30, 2010
    I think of CM often, those that miss him are not alone.

6850 likes this.
  17. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I'm with you Skyhorse the same here. I used to love seeing what he would come up with next. He really had some great design ideas. He'll be missed, RIP Brother.