THE "Knives on NCIS" Thread

On the NCIS NO episode this week, Dwayne Pride (Scott Bakula) was fighting with a suspect in the woods. The suspect knocks Pride's knife out of his hand and when it lands on the ground you get a good view of it for a brief moment. At first I thought it was one of the new Benchmade Axis Strykers. I played with the DVR for awhile until I could get it to stop on the right frame and I could clearly see that it was a combo edge Benchmade Presidio, model 520.

This weeks episode was knife rich!
Gibbs was still carrying PE ZT0302 zebra striped blade with brown scales.
Tony had new SE tanto point ZT0610ST model I believe.
McGigge had red handled SAK/Victorinox I think.

I liked the part where Tony whining about his little splinter in finger and Gibbs flicks open his big ZT and offers to cut it out for him.
Poor Tony says "Boss I don't mind occasional head slaps but cutting me is bit much!!!!!" :confused::eek:

Last edited:
Saw that episode last night too! I just found this thread and spent as much time on it as I did watching the show ;)

Every time he whips out that ZT 0301 I want to buy one. Then I remember that I don't have $270 laying around to spend. Lol.

You have a good eye ID'ing Tony's folder...that was too quick for me.

In today's episode Gibbs used his ZT0302 to fry dinosaur stake inside fire place, like real men do!

This week episode Bishop finally showed what she is carrying looks like OTF Infidele?

Lots of gratuitous knife appearances this year. Seems like the ZT is getting shown each episode.

With Gibbs "new look", I think he should get a new folder. I'd say...Hinderer 3.5" bowie would go with his new suit.

As another aside...anyone else tired of all of Bishop's drama? Would love to see her bounced off the show!

I was expecting Gibbs to carve turkey with his ZT;) but I guess it got scared and flew the coup:D

As another aside...anyone else tired of all of Bishop's drama? Would love to see her bounced off the show!

Nice to hear that knives are still very much seen in NCIS.

I myself have gotten out of watching it, as I became a bit burned out from it. Plus, my favorite character was Ziva, and once she left, the show lost most of its luster for me. Her character was charismatic, and brought out a certain chemistry among all the main characters that has since weakened with the introduction of the Bishop character. IMO, she's the only character on the current cast that sticks out like a sore thumb. NCIS has had a history of incorporating certain characters that are distracting/annoying/boring to watch. Most have been lesser characters who were on the show temporarily for various periods of time, but unfortunately, it seems like the writers plan on keeping Bishop around for the long haul.

I'd like to see or hear of a CRK being seen at some point. I doubt it'll happen, but it would be cool.

Jim

Last edited:
I kinda like Bishop. She's a bit different from the other characters and that's refreshing. I'm still not sure about the "new" Gibbs, however. Don't think I'm gonna like a kinder, gentler Leroy Jethro Gibbs if that turns out to be the way the characterization goes. I'm a fan of the "old" Gibbs. Hell, I've been watching the show since before it was a show--it started out as a spinoff from episodes of J.A.G., if anyone remembers. It's sometimes frustratingly inaccurate, slow and boring but sometimes it's well done and, besides, SIGs and knives have frequent roles in the script.

Lots of gratuitous knife appearances this year. Seems like the ZT is getting shown each episode.

I've been thinking the same thing. I like that they're doing it. But it's very obvious that they are working hard to show it on a regular basis.

Back