THE "Knives on NCIS" Thread

That dam ZT301 has been heavy in the USA re-runs and then that dam steak in the fireplace scene and the ZT301 front an center. It's drilled into my memory. I gotta start selling stuff

So guys what was that knife Eva had in the ncis episode tonight? Looked like an otf but I have no clue on brand of it

Anybody recognized Tony's new knife in this weeks episode, when he use it to open briefcase?

Many sources, including comments in this very thread, report that Gibbs has used a ZT0301. But he is also reported to use a ZT0302. My understanding of these two knives is that they are identical in every way, except the 302 has a tan scale whereas the 301 has a green one. Is this correct?

The screenshots of his ZT knife seem to show a tan scale, which would be the 302. But has he ever actually used a 301, or is it just that his 302 was mistaken for a 301 and that misinformation wound up being recirculated extensively?

I'm also curious about the knife that Ziva was often seen with. Different comments in this thread have given different IDs for it. I believe it was first identified as a MOD CQD Mark I. Later on someone said it was a Blackhawk CQD. I don't know if those are the same thing or not. Others have said its a Mark II, not a Mark I, and I also saw Type E being mentioned but I don't know what any of that means.

Many sources, including comments in this very thread, report that Gibbs has used a ZT0301. But he is also reported to use a ZT0302. My understanding of these two knives is that they are identical in every way, except the 302 has a tan scale whereas the 301 has a green one. Is this correct?

The screenshots of his ZT knife seem to show a tan scale, which would be the 302. But has he ever actually used a 301, or is it just that his 302 was mistaken for a 301 and that misinformation wound up being recirculated extensively?

I'm also curious about the knife that Ziva was often seen with. Different comments in this thread have given different IDs for it. I believe it was first identified as a MOD CQD Mark I. Later on someone said it was a Blackhawk CQD. I don't know if those are the same thing or not. Others have said its a Mark II, not a Mark I, and I also saw Type E being mentioned but I don't know what any of that means.

Gibbs has used a ZT 303 and 302 in the past. The 303 is identical to the 302 and 301 but with a black scale. He had the 303 at least once in the episode "Flesh and Blood" of season 7. Since that sighting, I've only seen a 302. I've never seen him with a green handled 301, I think people mis-identify as a 301 because the 302 is no longer in production.

As for Ziva's knife, Blackhawk is the new name for the former MOD. Mark I and II are two different size designations for the same knife. I have never been able to figure out which size Ziva was carrying just by seeing it on-screen. Type E refers to a more budget-friendly version of the CQD that comes with FRN handles instead of aluminum. Given the budget of some of their knives on NCIS (the ZT carried by Gibbs has a market price of almost $275), I wouild guess that she probably is not carrying the Type E version.

Just seen episode 22 of series 13 (Homefront) in the Uk, and the murder weapon was a Spyderco Warrior.

Just saw Dinozzo use a ZT 0610st (tanto serrated auto), in SE13E07 "16 years" to pry a bullet from a tree. Gibbs was using his 0302 again and Bishop her BM Infidel.
ZT0610ST.jpg

Don't have an actual Screenshot, but I'm 100% positive it' s this knife.

In the season 13 episode "Homefront" a Persian style 5" fixed blade, fully serrated, was the murder weapon. Haven't been able too ID it yet, looks pretty generic.

Last edited:
Just saw a Diplomatic Security Services courier use a Microtech Halo V in the Season 3 episode "Partners" of NCIS: LA. Too bad she ended up being arrested. Girls with that taste in knives are rare.

Did anyone notice that Gibbs had a new knife in tonight’s episode? Just saw a flash of it but looked like a Benchmade.

Did anyone notice that Gibbs had a new knife in tonight’s episode? Just saw a flash of it but looked like a Benchmade.
It looked like a Benchmade AFO but it went by to quick for me. I'd like to find out what it was. Any more guesses?
afoii_1000x1000.jpg

Back