The Kwaikens are coming

Todd Begg Steelcraft Kwaiken Flipper 4" S35VN Black Stonewashed is coming in about a month from now!

TDSCKWKNBSWnt.jpg

They are going out soon

At dealers this week?

Sure. Start with the post in the linked thread. You'll see my response after that.

I can definitely confirm that some scale screws were loose on mine.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...e-had-either-speak-up?p=15524570#post15524570

I just talked to David about this and I will go look at the thread. We go through these knives with our own QC before they ship out but we do not check the screws for tightness, which you can imagine you would not need to do. We will receive a knife that has an issue here and if it something that is simple we will repair it here if it is a manufacturer defect then we will send it back to David.

I just talked to David about this and I will go look at the thread. We go through these knives with our own QC before they ship out but we do not check the screws for tightness, which you can imagine you would not need to do. We will receive a knife that has an issue here and if it something that is simple we will repair it here if it is a manufacturer defect then we will send it back to David.

So, a customer would still ship the Steelcraft to you in California?

Also, if someone lost the scale screw(s) you can send them some promptly?

I'm going to monitor mine and see how the screws are in a few weeks. Perhaps they become loose over time with that flipper opening action. If need be I'll then apply a tiny drop of Blue Loctite to all seven screws.

So, a customer would still ship the Steelcraft to you in California?

Also, if someone lost the scale screw(s) you can send them some promptly?

I'm going to monitor mine and see how the screws are in a few weeks. Perhaps they become loose over time with that flipper opening action. If need be I'll then apply a tiny drop of Blue Loctite to all seven screws.

Yes sir:) I have carried several of them for 6 months and I have not had a problem.

We are sorry to hear that screws were loosed on Kwaiken. From now on,we will follow up all these knives with this problem together with Begg Knives.At the same time,we will pay more attention to these details when we install and do QC.Thanks you guys support.Anything for after-sale service,please feel free to e-mai:cherish@reateknives.com.We are always at your service and will reply you as soon as possible.Thank you very much.

CAN'T WAIT to get mine. It was on the truck today but I wasn't home to sign, I'll be picking it up on my lunch tomorrow!

I was going to disassemble my knife to clean and lubricate the bearings but the pivot nut just spins.
What are my options?
I chose option #1- don't take it apart.
But eventually it will need some cleaning and lube, what do I do?

I was going to disassemble my knife to clean and lubricate the bearings but the pivot nut just spins.
What are my options?
I chose option #1- don't take it apart.
But eventually it will need some cleaning and lube, what do I do?

Hi Glenn,
We don't recommend taking the knife apart because it voids your warranty but if you want to take it apart you will need to put great pressure on the blade with the blade edge on a magazine then tune the pivot screw or you can send it to us and we will do it for you.
Best,
Mark

Many dealers have the Steelcraft Kwaiken knives on sale at $356 instead of the usual $445!

This is one of if not the best production folder I've ever owned in over 60 years collecting and using knives. At $ 356 it's a steal.

So very cruel this is not available for leftys now, any plans for a lefty or reversible clip version?

N Nephilim Killer are the annodized kwaikens I see at knifecenter annodized by a third party or by manufacturer/Begg?

I'm betting these are anodized by Reate. Reate does all the anodization on the Steelcraft Mini Bodega and Bodega.

There were some early anodizations of the Kwaiken done in-house by Todd Begg Knives and these were priced substantially higher.

I snagged one of the Kwaikens too. Couldn't resist trying one at the sale price of $356!
Been carrying it for a couple days, and I am impressed. The fit and finish are simply superb.
Blade is perfectly centered and the action is smooth and reliable.

My only complaint is the scale near the lock bar cutout is very sharp and a bit uncomfortable if your fingers slide across it.

I'd be in for another Kwaiken with the new Bodega style Anno job, and satin or damasteel blade. Hint, hint N Nephilim Killer ;)

Back