The Large Inkosi; An Ongoing Review

The Inkosi has been in my pocket everyday for the last two months. It is truly a special knife.

I took the knife apart for the first time last night (should have gotten pics) and was reminded why I love it so much. It's such a simple design and I love that CRK encourages you to maintain it rather than having a policy that punishes you for it. It's truly built to be used.

I took the lanyard off during the cleaning process and realized I like the knife much better without it. It's a clean and classy lanyard but the knife works better without it, IMO.

f662aac347d96620bd1f936676c55c91.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Most excellent timing bringing this to the top today. Tomorrow I'll have my first Large Inkosi, although I have had several 25's. Anxious for mine to arrive.

Most excellent timing bringing this to the top today. Tomorrow I'll have my first Large Inkosi, although I have had several 25's. Anxious for mine to arrive.
Let me know how you like it!

This thread has been a great read and has lots of info. Thanks to all who have contributed to it. It also helped in my decision on which model to get when comparing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah same here man. my large leftie inkosi will be here on saturday.

Received mine today, and I must say this is one hell of a knife. I still may do something different with the pocketclip, but it is much better than on a 25 (in terms of position - same clip obviously). I'll post more with some use and once I've taken some pics.

Hail to the Chief...thanks for the review...
My large lefty Inkosi is born on 23rd februari 2017, I received it in the Netherlands 23 march 2017. A-2017 slabs. Great knife, the best, very proud !! Payed for it 15 februari 2017. So it was made a week after I ordered and payed...
Maybe I will bend down the front part of the clip 1mm like I did with the small 21.
My 3rd CRK, large lefty 1998 Regular, small lefthanded 2015 21.
The Inkosi replaced my small lefty 21 wich I EDC'd for almost a year.

Honestly to me the best feature of the Inkosi is the double thumb studs. I know they're trying to keep the 21 as classic as possible but honestly I don't think even the biggest CRK purists would object to the 21 coming with dual thumb lugs.

I mnow you can get em installed but they should come stock like they do on the Inkosi.

This thread has me seriously considering a Large Inkosi. With the size I'm wondering if I should get the CF version like my small to make it more pocketable?

^^^^ Great knife you picked up there!! You will love it.

I already agree. Full of great innovation yet no "fluff":

- Large diameter, matching washers make tons of sense.
- Pass-thru stop post (pin does not sound big enough to describe it) makes sense with the adjustable pivot IMHO.
- I know it may not be "necessary", but my mind likes the idea of the lockup-groove - seems there would be more contact, therefore theoretically slower tang wear.
- The angled pocket clip does help some in reducing the clip-tip issue I had with 25's.
- One aspect I strongly favor over the 25 is the elimination of the stop pin "scallop".

And finally, not to rile anyone, but I am glad it is not called a Sebenza anymore, as that name carried a certain connotation for me that the 25 frankly didn't fit.

Pretty sure I'm gonna' like using this one

Nice pics of that awesome knife. I am trying to like the lanyard/fob, but I feel like it keeps getting in the way. Going to leave it on a while and see if it grows on me just to see.

I have a small inkosi I absolutely love. Been debating a large inkosi or Unnumzaan. Thought I had my mind made up on the zaan but this thread pushes me back to inkosi. I know. I know. "Buy both."

My inkosi kicked my large 21 out of my pocket this knife is damn near perfect...now only if we can get an insingo...

Great to read all of the positive feedback on the Inkosi! I love mine more everyday.

Back