The M-18 (official)

Thanks Mist. Actually #13 IS MINE!!! I've claimed it as my own since I've had 2 of these that where litterally bought off of my belt. Its under construction right now, Gonna add some personal touches to it so it don't go anywhere. However, the one in the above picture that you like so well, the curly maple and leather. IS AVAILABLE! Its one of the few knives that I got stiffed on for X-mas. Haven't put it up for sale yet if you know anybody interested.

If I had $$ or if you were looking for trade goods, I'd be interested -- I loved the grip on the M9 and these look just as comfortable.
good luck selling it - shouldn't take long.

If I had $$ or if you were looking for trade goods, I'd be interested -- I loved the grip on the M9 and these look just as comfortable.
good luck selling it - shouldn't take long.

It is the same handles that's on the M-9 Erik. Except its seems much better on the M-18. I incorporated a bigger ball at the pommel and it makes the knive even more vicious AND confortable in snap cuts. That particular one is a little lighter as well. The wood handles are lighter and the front profile is just a little slimmer by about a 16th of a inch. You wouldn't think that would make much difference but its night and day difference from Murphs.

damn.
that sounds awesome.
some lucky SOB is going to be in chopping heaven.

Thanks Mist. Actually #13 IS MINE!!! I've claimed it as my own since I've had 2 of these that where litterally bought off of my belt. Its under construction right now, Gonna add some personal touches to it so it don't go anywhere. However, the one in the above picture that you like so well, the curly maple and leather. IS AVAILABLE! Its one of the few knives that I got stiffed on for X-mas. Haven't put it up for sale yet if you know anybody interested.

Oh, it's beautiful, but I couldn't afford it now if my life depended on it. Maybe number 69 when you get that far. 69 is my zodiac glyph. 13 is my lucky number, maybe it'll be your lucky number too and you'll get to keep this one. Here's a hint, make an extra to keep in the truck, and DON'T sell the one on your belt :)

Oh, it's beautiful, but I couldn't afford it now if my life depended on it. Maybe number 69 when you get that far. 69 is my zodiac glyph. 13 is my lucky number, maybe it'll be your lucky number too and you'll get to keep this one. Here's a hint, make an extra to keep in the truck, and DON'T sell the one on your belt :)

:)That is indeed sound advice Mist. Its a good curse to have I guess.........But its hard to turn down good money especially when myself, the wife, and two kids LOVE to eat and have a roof over there head. ;) but, I think I may hang on to the maple and leather one until I get mine done..........at least that is...until somebody wants to buy it.:thumbup:

:)That is indeed sound advice Mist. Its a good curse to have I guess.........But its hard to turn down good money especially when myself, the wife, and two kids LOVE to eat and have a roof over there head. ;) but, I think I may hang on to the maple and leather one until I get mine done..........at least that is...until somebody wants to buy it.:thumbup:

A couple of of other friends that make knives tend to somehow manage to screw up... aesthetically, in the stamp or numbering, or somewhere...the knife they want to keep so they are not willing to let it out onto the market. It's like..."oh damn, I frigged that up...guess I'll have to just keep this one" ;)

A couple of of other friends that make knives tend to somehow manage to screw up... aesthetically, in the stamp or numbering, or somewhere...the knife they want to keep so they are not willing to let it out onto the market. It's like..."oh damn, I frigged that up...guess I'll have to just keep this one" ;)

Well I'm not saying I don't make mistakes, I'm the same way, but at the same time I don't want the one I'm carrying to be subpar either. I've been lucky enough to either be able to fix my screw ups. Or I will scrap the project all together.

Well I'm not saying I don't make mistakes, I'm the same way, but at the same time I don't want the one I'm carrying to be subpar either. I've been lucky enough to either be able to fix my screw ups. Or I will scrap the project all together.

Oh, nothing major...just a slight shadow of a double stamp on one number or something, and then just say "nah this one's messed up...couldn't let this one go" :)

DSCN0683.jpg

DSCN0684.jpg

DSCN0682.jpg

Yeah Doc its been quiet. I've been workin in the shop more and posting less. Poeple get bored quick. I got some exciting news concerning the M-18 and working on a very special couple now. Don't wanna tip my hand just yet. But there will be pics and news real soon.

I haven't been outside at all lately. Raining non-stop, which is not very fun, and I haven't had much outdoorsy stuff going on. Got a campout in a couple of weeks that should be interesting, but we will see.

well I wouldn't mind talking about things like with this blade design being so different should different parts of the blade be sharpened differently based on it perceived use? For instance should part of the blade sharpened like a knife but others sharpened more like an axe? I would love to hear a little more about how Todd envisioned the different parts of the blade being used when he designed it. you know just basically any info that anyone wants to share.

Back