The Making of the Heretic by Ilya Alekseyev - Sword of the Year at Bladeshow 2021

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the video documenting the making of the Sword that won Best Sword at Bladeshow 2021. My comrade Ilya Alekseyev made the sword and I made the documentary style video of making it. This process started in 2019 before blade 2020 was canceled and worked on off and on ever since. It was a great challenge to make this video and Ilya did such an amazing job making the sword! If you are interested in seeing such a piece made and get an inside look at what motivated Ilya to choose the art that went into this piece. It's not just a how to but a why video.

hereticthumb1b.jpg

such a beautifull sword. thankyou for showing this great vid. awesome artisan

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the video documenting the making of the Sword that won Best Sword at Bladeshow 2021. My comrade Ilya Alekseyev made the sword and I made the documentary style video of making it. This process started in 2019 before blade 2020 was canceled and worked on off and on ever since. It was a great challenge to make this video and Ilya did such an amazing job making the sword! If you are interested in seeing such a piece made and get an inside look at what motivated Ilya to choose the art that went into this piece. It's not just a how to but a why video.

View attachment 1640220
I enjoyed the video, thanks.
Did Ilya do all aspects of the construction? Your description says that he made the sword but I wasn't sure in the video if it was all the same person.

i bellive its the same guy wearing different hats, the academic magician, the artist as lover and the blacksmith warrior. such a beautiful and holistic display of "craft"🙂

Great vid, thanks for posting. Hell of a sword!

Oh man this guy is such a lightweight - artisan and intellect - even his videography is marginal. 🥱

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Having said that ^ ;) HOLY SMOKES what a stunning and impressive masterpiece - in all respects from inception to completion. Humbling indeed to us mere mortals. So very cool. Thanks for sharing Matthew Stagmer Matthew Stagmer .

Back