The Manix 2 Lightweight (S110V) is amazing.

I'll admit to being very butterfly-centric in my selections but this knife is getting extra rotations in my EDC habits.

I know FRN isn't sexy but it's grippy, tough and works well wet. The frame design, choil and ramp are incredibly useful.

Being a benchmade guy I love the lock.

The blade shape is awesome for a variety of tasks including slicing up two huge Ikea boxes into confetti easily as well as garden duty.

S110V is an excellent steel. I reprofiled it shortly after opening the box, stropped it on diamond loaded leather and began a rampage of cutting up everything I can find from tons of cardboard, to small branches on a citrus tree, campaign crap, unopened envelopes of campaign crap, zip ties, packaging straps, and I'm still making bald spots on my arms and legs without even stropping it again.

All in all it's a hell of a knife for a great price.

IMG_20140524_204550_zpst70rukt5.jpg

Great to hear....I am anxiously awaiting my turn in the pre-order game.

My current favorite knife. For me, it is the perfect EDC. Excellent pricing, super steel, light weight, outstanding slicer, perfect ergos (for me, anyway). There is absolutely nothing wrong with this knife, IMHO. I love it.

It is in my pocket right now as it usually is. Spyderco created the perfect EDC knife when they came out with this one.

2 days old and I got a small chip in the blade.

I was just cutting a little cardboard and a zip tie. Super steel?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401558895.947573.jpg

This was the factory edge.

This was the factory edge.

That's exactly the problem IMO. Sharpen it a few times (i.e. remove some metal) and it should start to perform better.

My factory edge dulled rather quickly, but since I reprofiled it has been an excellent performer.

I carried this one again today.

Attachments

• IMG_1778.jpg
    IMG_1778.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 139
I bought 2 of these over a month ago along with a Zt 350 in M390 and a Contego in M390 and haven't been able to use them yet. They are patiently awaiting my return from the Persian Gulf where I've been since mid February. Looking forward to going home on the 15th of June to see all my new knives. Hopefully my neighbor hasn't worn them out on me. He did send me pictures of them and they look great. These will be my first knives with S110V. The Manix and Manix XL are near the top of my favorite Spyderco list.

In another thread Sal said Eric designed the Manix for him to carry but this thing feels like it was designed for me.

I was recently using the knife in recently fertilized acidic soil (For blueberries) and forgot to rinse it off.

Nothing so far

Got bored of waiting for discoloration or rust.

Nothing. S110V is a beast and resists corrosion well.

I had to break down and spend megabucks to get one now, maybe I can call it my father's day present.

m2s110vb_zps7c124dd9.jpg

I've discovered that knives with FRN don't operate nearly as smoothly as knives with G10 and full liners. I've got a Delica and this M2, both with a lot of friction between the blade and the scales. I think most FRN knives in the past were lockback and it didn't matter since those were 2-hand operation, but the M2 should be one-hand. Mine requires 2 hands to operate, or some kind of outside assist. I suppose that is the tradeoff to making it light weight and I do find the lightness very interesting. I have a couple of G10 versions for when I need one-hand operation or just want to play with it.

Last edited:
Back