The Manix 2 Lightweight (S110V) is amazing.

I have a blue delica setting next to me right now. I cannot close it one-handed without using some kind of external assist such as bumping it against my leg or the edge of a table. I don't think those types of actions are safe so I don't consider it a safe one-handed knife. My S110V Manix is exactly the same- won't close without outside assistance. I have at least 14 other folding Spyderco knives that I can easily and safely close one-handed. These are liner locks, BBL's and compression locks.

interesting. I wonder if the design of your blue Delica is different from my super blue Delica sitting in my pocket which I close one handed dozens of times a day. Or my native, or my Centofante 4, or my Wayne Goddard, or my byrd Cara Cara...

Are more of these being made? Or are they a sprint run and all of them out on the streets now?

Are more of these being made? Or are they a sprint run and all of them out on the streets now?

"Being made" implies currently and I'm not sure that any of us have evidence that they are currently being produced. They may or may not be in production right now, however by all indications they will make more.

Scroll up to post #24 and look at that large pile of cardboard sliced with S110V. Apparently it is very resistant to dulling from cutting somewhat abrasive materials.

It is hard to define "best" because steels have different qualities, but in terms of edge holding S110V is one of the best steels ever put into a factory production folding knife.
Wow. Thanks for that. Gives me some good info.

I'm glad it's a production knife.

More people ought to have this one. (as well as a Dragonfly, and endura/delica) A must have for knife guys, this being said by a guy with a whole lot of butterflies on his knives

I'm glad it's a production knife.

More people ought to have this one. (as well as a Dragonfly, and endura/delica) A must have for knife guys, this being said by a guy with a whole lot of butterflies on his knives

I'm not sure about S110V being as much of production as Delica/Endura line. Regular line is BD-1 LW and S30V. Don't get me wrong, S30V knife is very good.

I bought S110V version, because I am exotic steel (actually S110V and M390) addict ;)

MFL

I'm definitely going to pick one up when they show up in stock again. Lol,this is a butterfly killer imho.:D

Close, but ball bearing lock is still way too tight compare to AXIS lock. When Spyderco makes smooth lock that is very tough lock and can operate with one finger, then Butterflies needs to worry....

^ Works fine one-handed for me. Forefinger and thumb pinch while nesting the hilt in the seat of my palm ;)

I'm definitely going to pick one up when they show up in stock again. Lol,this is a butterfly killer imho.:D

What? Why can't they be friends?

homies_zpsxrw34wq0.jpg

friends_zpskuklafax.jpg

My two favorite companies

Last edited:
Close, but ball bearing lock is still way too tight compare to AXIS lock. When Spyderco makes smooth lock that is very tough lock and can operate with one finger, then Butterflies needs to worry....
It just needs to be broke in. Great exercise for building muscle in the thumb and index finger. Then you're golden,smooth as frogs hair! :D:thumbup: I'm just waiting patiently for the retailers to be re-stocked with this S110V version.:)

Just got mine yesterday. LOVE the extra deep choil. Ergos are perfect for me on this one. It does kind of feel like a cheap knife since it is so light but thats all in my head, and I think it is an amazing EDC. Very stealth clipped to a pocket against a pair of blue jeans and so light you forget it's there. Probably my favorite spyderco ever

Two months later it's still getting plenty of pocket time (and I've bought a few more knives since then)

I have one on pre-order, hope they come in soon! Very excited to try a knife this light with great ergos and S110V.

Huh, didn't know that. How can a steel be just as wear resistant and yet be easier to sharpen? o_O

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm sure someone like J Ankerson can show you the data, let me try to explain. Wear resistance is overall resist in cutting. Steel is like having very hard crystals (carbides0 in softer metal. So, powder metal and other steel has advantages that ingredients are well distributed. Vanadium forces this carbides to be much smaller, and more. (Also vanadium carbides are harder). Niobium is another metal does similar affect to the steel.

When you sharpen, you are sort of scraping entire metal from the blade in uniform direction. Cutting something takes place on the edge where carbide tipped saw tooth like edge can last longer. Almost like metal saw coated with small had particles.

Does that make sense?

It just needs to be broke in. Great exercise for building muscle in the thumb and index finger. Then you're golden,smooth as frogs hair! :D:thumbup: I'm just waiting patiently for the retailers to be re-stocked with this S110V version.:)

You are right. It get a bit better. BTW, I use thumb and middle finger and close with index finger. Something I picked up with bolt action lock, AXIS lock, etc.

Oh mannnn.....after reading the posts about blade swapping, now I want it in G10...or Moonglow...hmmm.

Back