The Manix 2 Lightweight (S110V) is amazing.

You just gotta love Spyderco. For ~$110 they give you a great edc knife, great weight, tuff, safe, ambidextrous lock, great pocket clip and one of the best stainless steels around that has been used 5 times or by the production knife industry and is usually found in top of the line customs. Plus spyderco ran itnice and hard, around 62 hrc from what I heard. I am a big fan of this knife and steel, takes a keen edge and holds it forever. Thank you spyderco, whats next, maybe a s125v or 10v(k390) military? Pleeeeeeeease.

The wire clip? Really? I think it's the best clip on any knife, period. To each his own I guess.

I also think Spyderco s wire clip is the best one out there. Strong and functional. Why put unneeded weight in a clip?

The wire clip? Really? I think it's the best clip on any knife, period. To each his own I guess.

I hate the clip on it as well. The wire clip is fine in a deep carry configuration like the Sage 2. I know some people dont like deep carry clips though so to each his own.

I had one and got rid of it. A little because of the clip, little because of the lock, but mostly because FRN handles are absolutely awful. I dont care how light or strong they are, they look and feel worse than any other handle material around. If they put S110V in a Sage 2 handle I would be all over it (and be very willing to pay for it), but as long as they keep putting great steel in FRN handles I wont be interested.

I hate the clip on it as well. The wire clip is fine in a deep carry configuration like the Sage 2. I know some people dont like deep carry clips though so to each his own.

I had one and got rid of it. A little because of the clip, little because of the lock, but mostly because FRN handles are absolutely awful. I dont care how light or strong they are, they look and feel worse than any other handle material around. If they put S110V in a Sage 2 handle I would be all over it (and be very willing to pay for it), but as long as they keep putting great steel in FRN handles I wont be interested.
Sometimes I think the weight of a knife is more about perception than actual strength. But I admit , if I don t like the way a knife feels, I won t carry it. I feel the lightness of the manix2 s110v adds to its functionality. To each his own.

I love everything about it. The amazing steel coupled with the lightweight construction makes it a unique and interesting knife to carry and use.

The amazing steel coupled with the lightweight construction makes it a unique and interesting knife to carry and use.

I agree completely. I have carried PM2's and standard full weight Manix 2's for awhile and I like them, but I was very intrigued the first time I felt a LW Manix 2. I really don't have experience with the wire clip and I was suspicious that they were strong enough. I don't know what the objections to the clip are, I'm approaching it with an open mind since many people seem to like them.

My PM2 has been holed up in it's drawer since I got the S110V Manix 2.
For summertime in CA, it's hard to beat. An excellent steel in an extremely lightweight package. People can't believe how light it is when I hand it to them.
I can carry it in the pocket of basketball shorts and not even notice it's there. That's a light knife. It carries less noticeably than a Skyline in my opinion.

I can't really argue against any of the G10 or FRN handled Spydercos I own. They both have a place in my collection. I recently purchased the light weight version of the Manix 2 with the BD-1 steel, and I love it. Whenever these Manix 2 S110V's do come back in to stock, I will probably be snagging one of those as well.

And about the clips, I absolutely love the wire clip on the Manix I just got. So far I find it much less prone to snagging than the conventional style clips, such as the ones I have on my Endura 4's and Delica 4's.

I used to hate frn when I first got into knives but it has grown on me a lot and is now my favourite handle material. Plus if you want to spend a bit more you can blade swap the s110v to a g10 M2. See MadRookies manix over on the spyderco forums :D

I have no problems with FRN. I have several Spydies with FRN/FRCP (Delica, Dragon Fly, Manix LW) and they have all held up just fine. No, it's not as nice as G10 or CF, but those come with additional price and weight. If you want a light weight folder, it's hard to beat a FRN Spyderco.

pair_zpszze6qdsh.jpg

Found a perfect carry companion for mine

Back