The Marble's USA Thread

I was fortunate to work trades with both Mark (Maresharp) and Jon (thieveslikeus) for these two beauties:thumbup:

Red Bonestag and Buffalo Horn. Tom (Vangurds41xx) started me down the path of trying to find these great knives as he pretty much always carried his version covered with Stag. In a search that covered two years it's ironic I was able to obtain both of these within a few weeks of each other:thumbup:

Thank you Mark and Jon;):cool:

nhbL66.jpg

CW5gh5.jpg

VvuhfL.jpg

CIVCUX.jpg

fMp0Y3.jpg

Q3OXP1.jpg

I said it in another thread yesterday, and I'll say it again here today:
WOW, Paul, those Marble's are SOOO good-looking!! :thumbup::thumbup:
It seems like every time I log in at BF lately, I'm stumbling onto incredible photos of totally gorgeous EO teardrop jacks! :eek::D:eek:
I hope I have the willpower so enable ME to make the decision of when I should go after such a knife, rather than having the decision FORCED on me by irresistible desires created by these pics that keep showing up. :eek::(:eek:

- GT

I said it in another thread yesterday, and I'll say it again here today:
WOW, Paul, those Marble's are SOOO good-looking!! :thumbup::thumbup:
It seems like every time I log in at BF lately, I'm stumbling onto incredible photos of totally gorgeous EO teardrop jacks! :eek::D:eek:
I hope I have the willpower so enable ME to make the decision of when I should go after such a knife, rather than having the decision FORCED on me by irresistible desires created by these pics that keep showing up. :eek::(:eek:

- GT

Thank you GT, I know where your coming from in regards to AWESOME pictures as our friend Primble can make a plastic picnic knife desirable:D:thumbup:

Congratulations Paul, great-looking knives :thumbup: I sure do miss seeing Vanguard's knife most days :( Boy, did he love that knife! :)

I'm new to Marbles knives. I just bought a Marbles expert in the bobcat box. Would this be 5200 or 1095 steel?

This Bolstered Jack arrive yesterday to add to my Marbles USA pocket knives:thumbup:

Tang Stamped M.S.A. Co. 01 GLADSTONE MICH-USA

u8yFRa.jpg

sJCwo2.jpg

S8Kg00.jpg

2GZ8Yx.jpg

5kQod4.jpg

KsGsxT.jpg

Lookin' very good, Paul! :thumbup::thumbup:
Pretty soon you're gonna be known as the Marbles Man (sort of like the Marlboro Man, but way healthier). :D

- GT

Lookin' very good, Paul! :thumbup::thumbup:
Pretty soon you're gonna be known as the Marbles Man (sort of like the Marlboro Man, but way healthier). :D

- GT

Marlboro Reds back in High School---glad those days are long gone:thumbup:

Marbleman is a much better fit;):cool:

Paul and Jack, you're much wiser than I am. I never smoked Marlboro Reds, but I smoked cigars daily for 40+ years, and finally gave them up (for good I hope) on Christmas Eve 2014.

- GT

Paul -

Those are hands-down the nicest Marble's folders I've laid eyes on. You have impeccable taste, my friend! :thumbup:

Paul -

Those are hands-down the nicest Marble's folders I've laid eyes on. You have impeccable taste, my friend! :thumbup:

SH, I apologize as I missed your post until just now---Thank you for your nice compliment. I was very FORTUNATE to actually acquire the EO's from both Mark and Jon who posted earlier in this thread:thumbup:

I came here to post my latest Marbles USA Canoe Whittler:thumbup:

This is a 2002 Italian Jig Bone, I think I've seen it referred to as a Herringbone pattern in regards to the jigging?

This is NOT 1095, would it then be either 420 or 440 Stainless or D2? The tang stamp on the back of the blades reads AIRDI-150, does anyone know what that stands for?

MoDgAl.jpg

PEleKb.jpg

ycw1GU.jpg

UFVe2T.jpg

A6PT9Y.jpg

Google is my friend as I did a search of AIRDI-150 and found out it is D2:thumbup:

Last edited:
Now that Whittler is something else, Paul!! A canoe and a whittler:eek::eek: Love the bone too. Great acquisition!!

Now that Whittler is something else, Paul!! A canoe and a whittler:eek::eek: Love the bone too. Great acquisition!!

Thank you Gev:thumbup: I knew quickly it wasn't carbon as I had a heck of a time reprofiling the main:eek:

Took some time on the stones but has a wonderful edge know;)

Have a great weekend buddy:thumbup:

Paul matey......
Your Photography is just awesome, and Oh man those knives!!:eek: Just stunners my friend!!:thumbup:

Back