The Model #1's

They are developing some beautiful patinas. I so love 52100.

Updates? It is still a great salami knife.:D

I used it to slice up some mushrooms and onions for a dutch oven pizza last night. Obviously not the intended purpose, but it worked great and will likely see more kitchen usage.

This post reminds me, is there any special treatment stacked leather needs for use in a kitchen? SnoSeal? Paste wax? Bee's wax?

For dedicated kitchen use, I think it would have to have a CA finish to seal everything up (then you lose a lot of the leather feel). The great thing about leather is how warm it feels, but it has the trade off of absorbing some moisture, which is no big deal. I absorb a lot of Sno-Seal and wax into the handles, moisture won't absorb in deep, it's just in the surface. Don't worry about them getting wet, they'll dry just fine.

:cool: There was a package waiting for me this afternoon.

First impressions:

:eek: John is a wizard and uses some dark magic in his sharpening techniques.

He did in fact peened it like he meaned it and it’s sexy.

The sheath fit/retention is fantastic.

There isn’t any light here so here are a couple low light photos to tide everyone over. I even threw in a fancy Porsche for Mack ;).

More to come so stay tuned.

View attachment 843095 View attachment 843096 View attachment 843097 View attachment 843098

Last edited:
Dark magic for sharpening but all white magic for the rest of that beauty.
I am happy for you :cool: :thumbsup:

Ray

I'm sooo regretting not getting in on this run. Nice 930, Rupe.
Edit: am I wrong? Is that a 934?

Someone got a good cleaning today, this mofo still cuts like a laser!

7Zc1DIn.jpg

It is Mack, I've never had anything cut quite like this thing. It just slices through anything you put in front of it. Including your fingers. :eek:

The knife looks sooooo comfortable but that bowl!
232625554-shocked-smiley-face.jpg

Back