1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Model #1's

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by lessismore, Jul 4, 2017.

1. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    That's clean, as a hounds tooth ! :):thumbsup:
    Tom

lessismore likes this.
  2. T.Knotts

T.Knotts Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2010
    Brilliant. Now I have to find me an antenna to break

lessismore likes this.
  3. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Now your two-way vhf in your work truck gets half the range without the static ball! :D

I use old sections from our low band antennae, after trimming, for scrapets and pointy probes.
    Good tempered and tuff stuff! Great idea!

lessismore likes this.
  4. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Hey Tom, good to see you in here.

I'd like to find some smaller ones Tim, and I think I know where to look:thumbsup:

They are usually pretty damn tough Dennis, just don't poke your eye out!!

Moving ahead with one of these for now to see if anything stands out that needs changed. This Amboyna burl with the leather and black spacer is looking nice. A lot of shaping and finishing to go.
    IMG_20171207_113320.jpg
    IMG_20171207_114520.jpg

T.Knotts, Rupestris and mitch4ging like this.
  5. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    I'ma liking that!

6. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    IMG_20171207_120042.jpg

T.Knotts, Rupestris and mitch4ging like this.
  7. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Yea - very nice :thumbsup: I especially like the antenna stippling on the cap and the curve of the handle.
    How long is the grip on this one?

Ray

8. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    I want to say it's 4.25ish from guard to butt, I'll get an accurate measurement when I get a chance this evening.

9. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Time lapse worth the effort? What says all?

protourist likes this.
  10. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod Gold Member

Jan 14, 2001
    Tom-tom, good to see you, hope all is well in your 'lil patch of earth!

John, as usual, outstanding. Love the peening; so much work! Any chance of getting a pair made, one with Amboyna burl, as shown (if your neighbor allows a guy to trade his spot for future builds), and one with A/I in lieu of the Amboyna bits? I'd like to acquire a Hers and His set for Sandi and her boyfriend - the odd couple, pt. deux, if you will...

lessismore likes this.
  11. cbwoods67

cbwoods67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 12, 2010
    A time lapse would be awesome. I wouldn't know if it is worth the effort, as I've never made one, but it would be cool to see.

I really like the lines of this as a guard-less knife. And the peening on the butt-end. Possibly a signature mark? I don't really see too many other knives with that kind of texturing. Adds a certain rustic touch to what is sure to be a sleek and classy workhorse. I dig it.

I especially dig it on my own example.:D

lessismore likes this.
  12. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    You have a creepy ESP Shel. After the next run of three, I am going to open up on an extremely limited basis, custom orders on these. I plan on running this model very similar to what we see in this thread on a fairly regularly basis. I would like to add a "custom" line with different options like handle materials, center barrels, slight changes. They would be open in slots, one person at a time kind of thing and wouldn't be much of an increase in price, depending on the materials requested. That will let me move forward with getting the model out there and change things up for custom orders.

Thanks Coop, I like the peened ends, they feel nostalgic to me for some reason. I posted a time lapse on the last page, I'll quote it below. Once I get the details of this camera worked out I'll try to post more of them.

cbwoods67 likes this.
  13. cbwoods67

cbwoods67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Not sure how I missed it, but that is too cool.

lessismore likes this.
  14. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001

15. protourist

protourist Captain Skunkbeard Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    That is really looking good. You have a great eye for good wood.
    The time lapse was cool. I enjoyed the heck out of it.
    To me it gives us a look at the work you do. People tend to buy stuff not understanding the effort it took to make. I like to have that understanding.

Melvin-Purvis and lessismore like this.
  16. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    Almost forgot to ask - any thoughts on the model #2's yet?

Rupestris likes this.
  17. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    I suspect the Model 2 will need to be something that can be pounded out in breakneck speed after the Model 1’s are seen by the masses. :p

18. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Next model.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

protourist likes this.
  19. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Oosik handles? :D

Edit: ok, I'm slow...i see now, bullnose! With Oosik handles!:)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017 at 12:30 PM
  20. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    For some reason, I thought of this... o_O

ATF 4.jpg