The Model #1's

You're gonna kick yourself when I tell you....

....a broken antennae:D
Now your two-way vhf in your work truck gets half the range without the static ball! :D

I use old sections from our low band antennae, after trimming, for scrapets and pointy probes.
Good tempered and tuff stuff! Great idea!

Hey Tom, good to see you in here.

I'd like to find some smaller ones Tim, and I think I know where to look:thumbsup:

They are usually pretty damn tough Dennis, just don't poke your eye out!!

Moving ahead with one of these for now to see if anything stands out that needs changed. This Amboyna burl with the leather and black spacer is looking nice. A lot of shaping and finishing to go.
IMG_20171207_113320.jpg
IMG_20171207_114520.jpg

Yea - very nice :thumbsup: I especially like the antenna stippling on the cap and the curve of the handle.
How long is the grip on this one?

Ray

I want to say it's 4.25ish from guard to butt, I'll get an accurate measurement when I get a chance this evening.

Tom-tom, good to see you, hope all is well in your 'lil patch of earth!

John, as usual, outstanding. Love the peening; so much work! Any chance of getting a pair made, one with Amboyna burl, as shown (if your neighbor allows a guy to trade his spot for future builds), and one with A/I in lieu of the Amboyna bits? I'd like to acquire a Hers and His set for Sandi and her boyfriend - the odd couple, pt. deux, if you will...

A time lapse would be awesome. I wouldn't know if it is worth the effort, as I've never made one, but it would be cool to see.

I really like the lines of this as a guard-less knife. And the peening on the butt-end. Possibly a signature mark? I don't really see too many other knives with that kind of texturing. Adds a certain rustic touch to what is sure to be a sleek and classy workhorse. I dig it.

I especially dig it on my own example.:D

Tom-tom, good to see you, hope all is well in your 'lil patch of earth!

John, as usual, outstanding. Love the peening; so much work! Any chance of getting a pair made, one with Amboyna burl, as shown (if your neighbor allows a guy to trade his spot for future builds), and one with A/I in lieu of the Amboyna bits? I'd like to acquire a Hers and His set for Sandi and her boyfriend - the odd couple, pt. deux, if you will...

You have a creepy ESP Shel. After the next run of three, I am going to open up on an extremely limited basis, custom orders on these. I plan on running this model very similar to what we see in this thread on a fairly regularly basis. I would like to add a "custom" line with different options like handle materials, center barrels, slight changes. They would be open in slots, one person at a time kind of thing and wouldn't be much of an increase in price, depending on the materials requested. That will let me move forward with getting the model out there and change things up for custom orders.

A time lapse would be awesome. I wouldn't know if it is worth the effort, as I've never made one, but it would be cool to see.

I really like the lines of this as a guard-less knife. And the peening on the butt-end. Possibly a signature mark? I don't really see too many other knives with that kind of texturing. Adds a certain rustic touch to what is sure to be a sleek and classy workhorse. I dig it.

I especially dig it on my own example.:D
Thanks Coop, I like the peened ends, they feel nostalgic to me for some reason. I posted a time lapse on the last page, I'll quote it below. Once I get the details of this camera worked out I'll try to post more of them.

You have a creepy ESP Shel. After the next run of three, I am going to open up on an extremely limited basis, custom orders on these. I plan on running this model very similar to what we see in this thread on a fairly regularly basis. I would like to add a "custom" line with different options like handle materials, center barrels, slight changes. They would be open in slots, one person at a time kind of thing and wouldn't be much of an increase in price, depending on the materials requested. That will let me move forward with getting the model out there and change things up for custom orders.

Thanks Coop, I like the peened ends, they feel nostalgic to me for some reason. I posted a time lapse on the last page, I'll quote it below. Once I get the details of this camera worked out I'll try to post more of them.

Not sure how I missed it, but that is too cool.

That is really looking good. You have a great eye for good wood.
The time lapse was cool. I enjoyed the heck out of it.
To me it gives us a look at the work you do. People tend to buy stuff not understanding the effort it took to make. I like to have that understanding.

I suspect the Model 2 will need to be something that can be pounded out in breakneck speed after the Model 1’s are seen by the masses. :p

Next model.....
ATbjM7R5c.jpg

Nose-clipart-fans-4.jpg

Back