The most ergonomic knife ever.

Another vote for Carothers HDFK

A7gTeTq.jpg

I own a lot of knives but the one that's been in my pocket the longest based on size/wt and ergonomics is the 3.8" Ti M390 Real Steel Megalodon that I bought just a couple of months ago.

Nothing else has slid into my pocket since.

timthumb.php

Locking Blade: Buck 110/112.

Most slipjoints are also pretty ergonomic.
Examples:
Stockman, Canoe, Barlow, Trapper, Moose,
(large) Sunfish, SAK.
While not a slipjoint, (its a friction folder) the Opinel is pretty ergonomic as well.

Fixed Blade:
Mora with a Birch handle.
Pretty Much any with a stacked leather handle.
Pretty Much any Buck 100 series.

I know you asked for one but I don't EDC just one knife. On any given day I'll have the 110 and a couple slipjoints on me.

I wasn’t asking what you carry every day or which ones from what categories were considered ergonomic. I know you carry multiples - don’t we all? :D I was asking if you can name one knife that feels like it was made for your hand.

What single knife feels like it was made just for you?

Last edited:
I wasn’t asking what you carry every day or which ones from what categories were considered ergonomic. I was asking which one was made for your hand.

What single knife feels like it was made just for you?

That would probably turn out to be whichever knife each of us carry's and uses the most. We get use to the feel of the knife and that is what we look for.

n2s

That would probably turn out to be whichever knife each of us carry's and uses the most. We get use to the feel of the knife and that is what we look for.

n2s

Maybe it would, maybe not. I don’t currently carry the knife I find the most ergonomic above all others.

What I’m asking about takes no “getting used to”. I’m looking for the one that fits like it was handed to you by Michelangelo after he sculpted it for your hand.

My BK2 fits my hand exceptionally well. I really like the swail in the rear of that handle. LionSteel T5 would be a close second.

I have to mention the mora classic again - those simple wooden handles are great as-is, but also very easy to modify with some sandpaper
(I know this qualifies as 'custom' work, but it's so easy to do, it almost shouldn't count as such)

this is a more extreme level of modification... I bet more moras get modded than any other knife, the combination of quality & low price ensure it will continue as such

Folder - Spyderco Delica
Fixed Blade - Tom Krein TK11 B&T or the discontinued Mora 760 Craftsman.

Ethan Becker fixed blades are designed to have very ergomomic handled

Some other folders that have excellent handle geometry are the CS Recon 1,BM 940,585,580......

For me, the two large folders with the best ergonomics are the Benchmade AFCK and the Cold Steel Recon !. The two mid sized folders with the best ergonomics are the Spyderco PM2 and the Cold Steel American Lawman.

Back