The Mountian Bike Thread..

And thanks J, I'm glad too. As for keeping both, I would if you can. It is nice to have a backup when its in season especially.

BEANBAG

I want to officially say Thank You

I am amazed. I feel like I am learning to mountain bike all over. I am able to approach real tough trails differently. Making it so much more fun and challenging. I am glad I took your advice AGAIN. So thank you my friend.

On to a few pictures from our 20 mile ride today.

UGhUXzIwMTExMjAzXzEuanBn.jpg

just to show the trail conditions. Unless you FLEW the tires were not clearing. Even then they loaded right back up.

UGhUXzIwMTExMjAzXzAuanBn.jpg

A place to stop to sit and enjoy nature.

I took this next one for you J. A downhill even you can appreciate.
UGhUXzIwMTExMjAzXzIuanBn.jpg

Its much more bad then the picture makes it look.

End result, my girl is doing amazing and her bike is rock solid. My tires are different. They are more slip then grip then flat out grip. Roots and rocks produce loud popping noises as the knobs pop and rip off. My motoraptors would have flexed and held tight. BUT, there was not a dry spot on these trails today and I gave it hell the whole way and the tires did not give out. They get the nod and will do until its time for new ones.

Happy riding guys.

Nice bike :)

I just got out of the woods. It was a muddy ride. At one point I couldn't pedal. I don't know what locked up my crank but it wasn't fun. There was not a spot on my bike not covered in mud. I felt pretty bad doing that to my bike. After a hose off everything seems well.

With that said, I completely retract any doubts about the Captain Elites. They are just plain sick tires. Today was somewhat insane :)

UGhUXzIwMTExMjA1XzAuanBn.jpg

Kinda hard to believe you couldn't see anything but mud and grass on my bike just a few hours ago :)

Its going to be awesome J. I am excited for you. Mud bog is it. Im done with mud for a while.

TANK

Both bikes have such sweet forks. Did u test it out yet? It looks awesome.

Just got it in. And got it put together ... and dialed in. Im gonna xc it this weekend. Its very slick. Hadley hubs on sick mavic rims. Chris king. Its a cool bike. So different from the Ellsworth. I want a dropper post. Prob a crank bros Joplin

It does even look different. Have fun with those two. They are both sick bikes.

A big congrats to you J. There is no substitute for quality.

I live in north GA but I role a santa cruz heckler (I wight 225 and fall a lot) but I made this for my bike mech and friend chris shad at reality bikes. It started out as "I wont some thing cool to cut fruit with" and ended in "I want that but bigger for red necks" (he road bikes in north Ga.)

Back