The Mountian Bike Thread..

Working on the trails at the compound

010912160146.jpg

2012-01-09_15-58-11_525.jpg

Man my bikes from 2002. 06 would be an update for me. As long as it still works I think its a damn nice bike. Congrats.

This thread has been pretty quiet as of late. I guess it's sometimes tough to get out in the dead of winter. But do not despair, next season is right around the corner.

To get y'all back in the spirit, here's a re-post of a ride report from last summer. We had a pretty cool wildlife sighting. Check it out:

Rare Wildlife Sighting

Normally you don't expect to see exotic wildlife smack dab in the middle of Manhattan, unless your talking, say Manhattan, Kansas. But I had a lucky sighting yesterday. The DOT shut down Park Ave. to motor vehicles, and I took the family in for a bike ride. It was essentially a 7 mile block party. Here are a few pictures of what we saw.

First the locale.

Bicyclists on Park Ave. with Grand Central Station in the background:

MobilePoleDancer010.jpg

A Close up of the GCT facade:

MobilePoleDancer009.jpg

Here's the Wildlife sighting---

Behold the rare and exotic Stripoleus Felis Mobilus aka the Pink Breasted Pole Climber:

MobilePoleDancer001.jpg

MobilePoleDancer003.jpg

MobilePoleDancer005.jpg

I sure hope this species never becomes extinct.

If you want to see cool sh!t, ya' gotta get off the internet every once in a while.

Last edited:
Yeah Beanbag, more pics of the girl in pink.

As for me, haven't had time. Got real busy with family stuff. Even if I could, the weather has been making the ground walkable at best. Just yesterday my trucks traction control kicked in on nearly flat ground...with the front and rear locked... Don't think I want to mess with that.

This is from last month. With the snow we got yesterday, I probably won't be mountain biking for a while.

Southern Idaho:
003-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

man I need to get mine out more! once it warms up I need to get out some.

I have been thinking about going singlespeed on my hardtail but I am so out of the loop on the new stuff. I havent worked in the bike shop 5 years now.

Back