The new all time high-value knife

19-3ben

Gold Member
I can't believe I don't see a post about this. C&C sent us an email earlier today about their new exclusive Spitfire.
Black micarta handles with s30v and of course Bos HT.
All for $60.

It basically directly competes with a Spyderco Delica or maybe a Kershaw Blur depending on how you see it. But with better materials.
I don't know how they pulled it off for that price point. I'll be putting in an order in the coming week.

0722BKSSH__59594.1505440520.1280.1280.jpg

0722BKSSH.2__98282.1505440524.1280.1280.jpg

That's pretty nifty. Might have to pick one up myself. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

got that email today. micarta is always appealing. along with s30v steel, american made at a low price point. winner ill be adding. hopefully blade play issues with that buck model has been whittled down to less or none.

That's a sweet knife, I'd buy it... What turns me off with most of buck's knives is the steel..

Although the next few months of my knife budget are going to some of C&C's LE Buck's, if you like the Spitfire skblades is offering an S90V version for a little more. I don't mind S30V though.

Not a bad looking knife, but value depends on what you consider a high value knife. You may get some higher end features for your 60$, but its still 60$.
I'm sure it's probably a good high value knife, but all time ultimate high value knife ? Maybe not.

Not a bad looking knife, but value depends on what you consider a high value knife. You may get some higher end features for your 60$, but its still 60$.
I'm sure it's probably a good high value knife, but all time ultimate high value knife ? Maybe not.
Ok fine. It was hyperbole. Ya got me.

However I AM very impressed with the materials/dollar ratio on this one.

Saw the knife on their store Friday and purchased it before the email went out! The black micarta with the stonewashed S30v looks very interesting, can't wait for it!

I've never had Buck S30v...read that it's hard to sharpen & can chip?
What's ur experience with it?

I never had chipping problems out of Buck's version of S30V. I never used it for anything a knife isn't intended for, but it held up fine for me. It was no more difficult to sharpen than my Spyderco S30V knives in my opinion, which I consider relatively easy.

got that email today. micarta is always appealing. along with s30v steel, american made at a low price point. winner ill be adding. hopefully blade play issues with that buck model has been whittled down to less or none.
Not sure if it has or not.
I did just order one.:thumbsup:

I never had chipping problems out of Buck's version of S30V. I never used it for anything a knife isn't intended for, but it held up fine for me. It was no more difficult to sharpen than my Spyderco S30V knives in my opinion, which I consider relatively easy.

I just sharpened a bunch of knives for an outfitter; he had a Buck folder purchased from Cabela's, their "Alaska Guide" certification.

I had to remove (3) 1/16" long x 1/32" deep chips, (1) 1/8" long x 1/32" deep chip as part of sharpening. He claims the knife was used as a normal knife, including using it to do some skinning of small game for camp dinners. I've never seen a knife with an edge damaged to that extent.

For 35 Bucks more
yep DIZ
Bucks Steel not a worry as dey stand behind what dey do

CNxycof.jpg
$95......I am pretty sure when that was bought from me it was closer to $125 - $150, but that was at least 2-3 years ago so I can't say for sure...All I remember is when I listed it on the bay it sold lightning fast....

I just sharpened a bunch of knives for an outfitter; he had a Buck folder purchased from Cabela's, their "Alaska Guide" certification.

I had to remove (3) 1/16" long x 1/32" deep chips, (1) 1/8" long x 1/32" deep chip as part of sharpening. He claims the knife was used as a normal knife, including using it to do some skinning of small game for camp dinners. I've never seen a knife with an edge damaged to that extent.

Nice!o_O:poop: I had an Alaskan Guide series Vanguard (692) and I used it extensively with none of the issues your friend experienced. Maybe he was hitting a lot more bone, and a heck of a lot more plate/pan/edge when using it then he thought. Just a thought, although I fall hilariously short of being an expert. :rolleyes: That seems to be quite a bit of damage for "normal use" though, no matter the steel. Was it an older knife? I had heard quite a long time ago that some early S30V was more prone to chipping, although admittedly I am not sure if that applied to Buck S30V or if it was a brand specific problem due to HT.

Saw the knife on their store Friday and purchased it before the email went out! The black micarta with the stonewashed S30v looks very interesting, can't wait for it!
Did you happen to see what the backspacer is made of? Micarta? G10? Or a polymer?

Back