The new all time high-value knife

The micarta handle should be more durable than aluminum. I dropped an aluminum model on cement and it took some work to get the ding out. I like the black with red accent, looks wicked cool :thumbsup:. Great steal too. If no lock rock, this is a good deal.

I can't believe I don't see a post about this. C&C sent us an email earlier today about their new exclusive Spitfire.
Black micarta handles with s30v and of course Bos HT.
All for $60.

It basically directly competes with a Spyderco Delica or maybe a Kershaw Blur depending on how you see it. But with better materials.
I don't know how they pulled it off for that price point. I'll be putting in an order in the coming week.

Thanks for the enthusiastic commercial.

I'll stick with my 440C 112 for most carry.

Sharp, no chipping and no mechanical issues.

Thanks for the enthusiastic commercial.

I'll stick with my 440C 112 for most carry.

Sharp, no chipping and no mechanical issues.

Didn't mean for it to be a commercial. I actually came here expecting that C&C would have posted to announce it already and was shocked that they hadn't, and that nobody else had mentioned it. I just wanted to make people aware of a new option, and I admit that I am enthusiastic because at least on paper it's an awesome value. Whether that pans out in practice, we have no clue. No reviews since it's brand new.

Enjoy the 112 in 440c. That sounds awesome!! I love the 112 and when done right, 440c is great!

Didn't mean for it to be a commercial. I actually came here expecting that C&C would have posted to announce it already and was shocked that they hadn't, and that nobody else had mentioned it. I just wanted to make people aware of a new option, and I admit that I am enthusiastic because at least on paper it's an awesome value. Whether that pans out in practice, we have no clue. No reviews since it's brand new.

Enjoy the 112 in 440c. That sounds awesome!! I love the 112 and when done right, 440c is great!

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Welcome, 99.9 percent of us congratulate a purchase, so much I ordered one also.
Nothing wrong with a slim well built folder with a pocket clip. Micarta and Bucks awesome S30v to boot.

Last edited:
0722BKSSH__59594.1505440520.1280.1280.jpg

0722BKSSH.2__98282.1505440524.1280.1280.jpg
Nice looking knife. I'm glad to see the micarta.

Good value. I can't get past the recurve on this model. It doesn't look great to me.

early version s30v regardlese of brand could chip. dealt with it myself on about every brand. nothing as extreme as described here.

newer heat treat techniques has stopped most of that. ibe got plenty of modern s30v steel knives by all brands and its nothing like it was early on. a knife this small cant really be used hard easily or properly anyways so i dont expect any issues.

Reactions: BP_

Yes, that's why I never got into any of the new powder steels. Some say that they're better, but I don't know if they're better. What I do know is 440C is such a good steel (along with the D2 and BG42) that I never found I needed anything better.
I hope you enjoy your new knife with the new steel, though......it seems every generation has a favored steel or two or three and I don't expect that will ever change.
:)

early version s30v regardlese of brand could chip. dealt with it myself on about every brand. nothing as extreme as described here.

newer heat treat techniques has stopped most of that. ibe got plenty of modern s30v steel knives by all brands and its nothing like it was early on. a knife this small cant really be used hard easily or properly anyways so i dont expect any issues.

Yes, it does seem that the complaints about S30V pretty much ended a few years ago after being fairly common early on. And I think you're right.......the larger the blade, the more likely it is that there will be problems.

That Spitfire's a looker for sure. But to me the bang for your buck Buck winner is the Max Medium. Got mine used on that big auction site for $7!

I have several of Bucks S30V steel knives and have never had chipping issues with them. I have a Kershaw Leek in Elmax that chipped a lot on the first sharpening and hasn't since so that was unusual. Bucks S30V with diamond stones is not hard to sharpen it doesn't take a screaming edge like 420HC but will keep a working edge for very long time. Last fall one of my boys shot a deer. I gutted skinned quartered and deboned the animal with a Paklite Elite Boning knife. After finishing I just for kicks tried to shave hair from my arm and this was done with ease. I was very impressed to say the least.

That is one nice Spitfire. The more I look at it, the more I want it. The aluminum Spitfire gets mighty chilly to hold on a cold day. I kept thinking it might be nice if they had one with non-aluminum handles. I hope someone can post some actual photos when they get it.

That is one nice Spitfire. The more I look at it, the more I want it. The aluminum Spitfire gets mighty chilly to hold on a cold day. I kept thinking it might be nice if they had one with non-aluminum handles. I hope someone can post some actual photos when they get it.
Mine is on the way. Shipped yesterday morning. Will post pics and give impressions when it comes in.

Normally, the chipping is with a factory edge as the edge loses its temper in the high speed sharpening process due to the heat generated. Resharpening the knife to get down to the properly heat treated steel will do away with any chipping issues.

That knife looks pretty good.

Normally, the chipping is with a factory edge as the edge loses its temper in the high speed sharpening process due to the heat generated. Resharpening the knife to get down to the properly heat treated steel will do away with any chipping issues.

That knife looks pretty good.

Good info there that makes sense and would explain that Leek in Elmax

Wow, C&C is fast. It showed up today.

I'll post pics and impressions as soon as I can

Back