The new all time high-value knife

Got mine in the mail today and man does it looks good. Love the stonewashed s30v and that micarta. And its super lightweight, great edc knife!

Also #006 reporting in!

IBbKPIm.jpg

ZbqgVBM.jpg

66XPgpp.jpg

so nested liners or no liners, just micarta?

Ok, This is weird. I had some blade rock. I loosened the pivot screw, Oiled the pivot and tightened tight then backed off and the blade rock is gone......

Not perfect pictures, but it's what I could eek out during some breaks in the middle of making dinner.

The linen micarta feels great very smooth. I would say slightly smoother than my ESEE 3 but similar. The finish is slightly uneven, almost like faded blue jeans. A great look.

In hand it feels great there are a couple of jimping spots on the scales that I did not expect. Nice touch.

The numbering for first 100 is very subtle. You can see the engraving just ahead of the Bos logo on he blade. mine is 009.

Grind is perfect. No defect at all. Sharp enough to shave a smooth patch on my arm in one pass, and totally even from ricasso to tip on both sides.

My only gripe at all is imperfect centering. Then again, there is so little space in the blade channel that there's barely enough room for the blade, so even the slightest bit off center looks worse than it is. It's not prefect but then again I've had knives 3x the price that are also just as slightly off center. No complaints on this at all.

IMG_1085.JPGIMG_1083.JPGIMG_1075.JPG IMG_1076.JPGIMG_1078.JPGIMG_1079.JPGIMG_1080.JPGIMG_1081.JPGIMG_1083.JPGIMG_1085.JPG

Last edited:
got mine today. #10. tiny bit of movement when locked open. appears buck still hasnt quite solved this models slight blade play variations or their lockbacks across tbe entire runs yet.

micarta is really nice. feels linen type. real smooth but grippy at the same time. fit and finish is quite good for the price point.

only 3 changes id make is.....
1.) tighter tolerances so no blade play
2.) bigger version....3.75"blade id prefer
3.)nested steel liners just for more strength.

all that would cost much more but id be willing to pay it. course i also realize im the only one would would buy one with my changes.

15060307107381288919128.jpg

Thanks to this thread I have one on the way. :thumbsup: This is my first Buck knife ever, as I've carried a Spyderco or a Benchmade for the last 30 years. Nice pictures too guys!

Last edited:
I believe the Buck Marksman is the only regular production knife with bearings. The Spitfire has washers. All of mine are pretty smooth. Not quite as easy as one of my Spydercs with the larger, round thumb hole but close.

I’m a 722 fan and I like the look of the knife but I won’t add it to my collection. My gripe is I wish it didn’t have a serial number on the blade. The serial number is a pet peeve of mine. I’d rather have a certificate of authenticity in a black box with a gold elastic tie that says 1 of 250 than a marred blade. Sorry for the rant.

Also electric pencil signatures. I’d rather see a clean steel blade than a scratched autograph. Probably just me.

Last edited:
I’m a 722 fan and I like the look of the knife but I won’t add it to my collection. My gripe is I wish it didn’t have a serial number on the blade. The serial number is a pet peeve of mine. I’d rather have a certificate of authenticity in a black box with a gold elastic tie that says 1 of 250 than a marred blade. Sorry for the rant.

Also electric pencil signatures. I’d rather see a clean steel blade than a scratched autograph. Probably just me.

It's not just you; I have the same beef. I reach out to C&C regularly to see if they've run out if the first 100 that they have numbered, and I pass on a lot of great Bucks that are either signed or numbered. I have only a couple that are numbered, and no signed blades. Those were a couple I couldn't pass up. Non-users of course, which I have very few.

In Louisville at the NRA convention a couple of years ago I scratched my head while CJ whittled away with the electric pen.

doesn't matter to me either way. adds nothing that means anything to me, doesnt bother me.

i think its cause many buck collectors, not all, sure love limited editions. numbering falls into that kinda of.

all those printed style limited editions are my own dont care for. i use all my knives so anything with all that elaborate printing like harley and animals and memorial events, etc, i dont want. sure like looking at them, but useless as knives myself. i have no wall hangers or table top displays, just never had any desire for those kinda collectibles. who knows maybe ill change my mind one day.

I have not bought any 722 because I wasn't drawn to the aluminum hard metal handle. .including the clip. Micarta is a different story. I'm assuming the clip is removable?

Back