The new Midwest School of Bushcraft

Yo, guys.
I wanted to let all of you know about a new school that has just opened in the mid-west. (Heads up hardwoodsmen!)
It's the Midwest School of Bushcraft run by Terry Barney, you know him as Iawoodsman.
Terry is a former certified Air Force survival instructor and guide in the boundary waters area.
You can check out his bio here:
Instructor bio
He's the real deal guys. Just so you know I'm not in on this, it's all Terry's show. I posted it here for two reasons.
1. I have learned more from Terry in the past year than I have from my whole life in the woods. Stuff that is invaluable for a woodsman of any kind to know.
2. Dare I say this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from a guy who has forgotten more about wilderness survival and bushcraft than I have known. There are lots of schools up north and out west but we don't have many that are of this caliber of instruction here in the mid-west.
I can guarantee you that if you decide to attend a class you will learn some stuff you've never seen before.

Not only all that but his classes are highly affordable (cheap!) and he's a hell of a nice guy. And he's a stand up guy, if he tells you he's gonna do something then you can take it to the bank.
If you're interested in attending you can check out his web site here:
Midwest School of bushcrat
I'm telling you, you won't regret it.
Thanks for listening,
Iz

WOOOOHOOOO! Awesome and about time we have a real deal nearby. I want to be treated like a darn newbie (I have tons to learn!) and bring my 2 teenaged sons. This is excellent news!

sent you an email IA.......

Its about time someone put on classes close to me.

great site btw....

Im going in Sept Iz. As long as I can get out of work that Sat. Shouldnt be a problem though. Its early enough that I can take Vacation if needed. Already got the go ahead from the wifey.

Yeah, man. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Hang in there, bro.
Some woods time will do you good.
Iz

You can check out the gear list and other info here.

http://www.midwestschoolofbushcraft.com/

September Bushcraft 101 class

Date- September 10, 11, 12
Rules- No pets, no children under the age of 16, you must sign a waiver
Overview- This class will be held in the Loess hills about 1 hour North of Omaha NE. This will be a static camp class. The camp will be located close to a small lake. A canoe will be made available to ferry gear from the parking area to the camp. Formal class will start at 0900 on Saturday. I will be at the site most of the day Friday and all are welcome to come early. Please let me know if you will be staying Friday night so I can plan for breakfast. We will be covering a lot of info in a short time. Here is a brief schedule.
Saturday- Safety and rules briefing
Camp selection
Firewood how and why
Woodman tools use
Firecraft
Lunch
Sheltercraft
Knots and hitches
Water collection
Supper
Basic self aid

Sunday- Breakfast
Foraging
Improvising
Skills practice
Skill games
Lunch
Camp take down

Meals- Meals will be provided. All meals will be cooked and cleaned up by the group. Cooking and camp hygiene are both very important skills to have.

Cost- Cost will be 65.00 per person. Payment can be made by check or money order and must be received by August 28th. Please make your reservations via the contact us section on the website. There will only be 8 spots per class. First come first serve basis.

Your MO went out today brotha.

Iz, if you wanna carpool, just lemme know. Brandon said hes pretty sure hes goin, and is down to carpool as well.

Your MO went out today brotha.

Iz, if you wanna carpool, just lemme know. Brandon said hes pretty sure hes goin, and is down to carpool as well.

J,
Sounds perfect. I can swing through on my way and pick you up. Then we can meet Brandon in Kc and then head on up to Iowa.
When it get closer to the time I'll get ahold of you and we can iron out the details.
Iz

Hell yeah. I am so excited about this. Time to dust off the gear.

Back