The new model #21 Wilson's Creek

Yo, guys. Well here she is, the Wilson's Creek.
I designed this one for those who are more military minded and like their knives more in that vein.
4758670419_07845a4bdf_b.jpg

4759307996_d168a1d96d_b.jpg

4758670517_981dbf3f4b_b.jpg

4759308078_73f3a0db41.jpg

4758670613_d304bca880.jpg

I'll get some spec and info up on it before long.
Like it, hate it? Let me know what you think.
Iz

That thing looks FUNKY. What were your thoughts behind the tail on the handle? I like it, just curious.

BTW a few elements on it remind me of something koyote made recently. I'll have to look for a picture to see what it is.

That thing looks FUNKY. What were your thoughts behind the tail on the handle? I like it, just curious.

BTW a few elements on it remind me of something koyote made recently. I'll have to look for a picture to see what it is.
My thinking is that the extra tail will help the user maintain a better grip ,it almost wraps down around the back of the hand. And since this is the "combat" model and based off of a Randall, the pommel sticks out as a sort of an homage to them and their "skull crusher". At least that's the wording Randall always used on their model 18 so I wanted to do my own thing with it.
I'll put up a blog thingy on it soon that talks more about the design.
Later tater,
Iz

Yo, guys.
I finally got up the specs and info on this one.
You can check it out here : WCC info if you want.

For your convenience I'll put it in the thread body, too.
Blade Length: @ 4 5/8"

Handle Length: @ 4 1/2"

Tang: Full

The new Wilson's Creek - Combat knife is my answer to the tactical minded community. It's borne from the Randall Model #17 Astro, the knife that accompanied America's space pioneers, the Mercury Astronauts in their first missions. Who better to take from than Bo Randall, the man who put combat knives on the map? The Wilon's Creek differs from the Astro in many ways, the first being the obvious difference in handle shape and design. The WCC has a handle more reminiscent of a nessmuk knife than a combat knife and that is for good reason. I feel a handle of this shape allows the user to feel which way is up when in low light conditions and it provides much better grip than a straight handle as the pommel curves downward to hug the small finger. The downward curve of the pommel end , and extra length, is my version of the Randall 18 skull crusher. Not as dangerous looking as the 18's pommel cap but it would be an effective bludgeon if need be.

You may also have noticed the unusual placement and number of lanyard tubes. My thinking in this is that everyone's tastes are different so the multiple tubes allow the user wider variances in how they tie their lanyards. The two front lanyard tubes can be used for securing the knife with paracord in the forward position or if you're so inclined (although I don't recommend it) a stick can be lashed to the knife for using as a spear.

The last difference between the two is that the WCC's handle slabs are not removable like the Astro's. I believe the Astro's designers had good intentions when implementing this feature but I don't feel it is a useful trait in a knife.

The overall shape of the WCC is almost "s" curved allowing the user front hand or back hand slicing ability with more ease than a straight bladed knife.

As with all of my knife designs the WCC is also a woods knife and has been created with that in mind. The WCC has no finger cut out or choil like the Astro, I feel that this is a hindrance in a small knife when doing woods work . It also features a flat spine for most of it's length allowing for use with a baton to cross cut or split your nights firewood. Lastly the piercing tip of the WCC is not only used for defensive measures it is also a top notch driller for starting a hole for your friction fire set. This feature may not be legal in your area so with that in mind I can put a false top edge on it for you.

The WCC comes standard with a carbon/acid etched blade to minimize glare.

So whether in the woods or war the Wilson's Creek- Combat will be an asset to you.

God bless,

Iz

Romans 10:9

Thoughts?
Iz

Awesome man. I can tell you put thought into the design. I dig the extended handle.

Back