The Next Project

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
With the Serranos wrapped up and on the way to their new homes, let's talk about the next project. Ideas for a full tang? I know the Corsair has been requested a lot but I don't know if I can take on those rectangle pins again! Maybe a regular pinned model?

I considered just doing one continuous build thread but I like having individual threads for specific builds, it makes them easy to reference. Let me know what you guys think.

No Custom orders right now, I'm just now starting to see a style in my work and that's important. I'm going to build a few Redmeadows that are swimming around in my head and see what happens. No early Dibs on these by the way. Quit rolling your eyes:D

Here's what I need from everyone, stay positive and be patient. Hit up the threads when you can, the Two Cent thread, the weather thread, purple thread, music thread, there's a lot to choose from. I still think we need a sports thread for the occasional smack talk. The more activity the better, I can always use a kick in the ass and the activity shows me that theres someone watchin.

Looking forward to those Serranos arriving and your opinions:thumbsup:

How's aboot a chef's knife? Something to cut and cook all the game the udder one cuts up? :thumbsup:

lilac-san-mai-chef-205mm.jpg

For question 1, I thing a Corsair without the rectangular pin would be fine. I think it could be an "entry level" Redmeadow. If not that a Corsair II that is a bit smaller like a Bird and Trout size.

As for 'dibs', you won't get that from me this time. I have four incredible knives from you and I think I'll step back and let others that have discovered your knives have a turn at bat.

I also plan on taking some time to subtly spread the gospel of the cowbell. Look for an influx of new dibs :D.

tenor.gif

I look forward to what come from Cut Bank if it’s forged, A crazy one off or something simple. But I can’t promise no early dibs.

I didn't care for Kepharts when I first started seeing them, I thought they were too simple and plain looking. But I'm really starting to like them, I think they have a lot of potential to be really cool. This one is from Bark River, and I'm really starting like the look of these, it's on my short list of to do builds.

shopping.jpeg

Have you considered a Fairbairn–Sykes fighting knife? I'd love to see your take on one. Or eight.

Scott are you going to do a group build those would be sweet.
The Kephart was an idea I threw out there for John's next build, Right now I'm working on a batch of 6 knives one is a 1st Randall made replica the others are Scagel style knives so it may be a while before I can get to the Kephart build. But I do like that Kephart design that may be in the next batch of blades I do.

Last edited:
Have you considered a Fairbairn–Sykes fighting knife? I'd love to see your take on one. Or eight.
That could be done but the F-S fighting knife would be a pretty difficult build, it's a double edge dagger and the handle looks like it was turned on a lathe which I don't have.

Mack mentioned about a three way collaboration in the Desperados thread, that would be entirely doable. I've been working with quite a bit of AEB-L lately.

Last edited:
Back