The NEXT SALE

Benson

I certainly don't want this to be an issue.

I make every effort to try and participate. Sometimes I can and sometime I can’t. I live in an area (on a farm) where my internet comes off a barn silo with an inconsistent signal and a speed around 2 Mbps. That is terribly slow. I have no cable or an other internet provider. With any type of adverse weather such as today’s rain my speed has dropped to 0.35. Unless Nathan offers a substantial number of blades (20 or more), I simply don’t have much of a chance to score on the Friday sales. Nevertheless, I continue to try never knowing if a particular blade may not be quite as popular (like that would happen) and I could sneak in but there is generally little chance of that.

If you are uncomfortable with the proxy, I have no problem with that and will gladly bow out and allow you the opportunity to provide your proxy to someone else. I’m fine with that and have no problem at all. While there is time, I would ask you to remove me from the proxy and assign it to whomever you wish.

Thanks

Jim
Hey Jim, I don't want this to be an issue or make a big deal about it. I was just surprised to find that all (3) people requesting a proxy were also able to participate in the Sale (and snag a <20 spot).

I have no problem giving you my spot - I offered it openly to anyone who needed it. If you really don't want it or have cold feet, I'm sure there are others that would gladly take it, but I will leave that up to you.

Otherwise, we leave it as-is and proceed with enjoying the weekend! No ill-will or butthurt here! :D

Hey Jim, I don't want this to be an issue or make a big deal about it. I was just surprised to find that all (3) people requesting a proxy were also able to participate in the Sale (and snag a <20 spot).

I have no problem giving you my spot - I offered it openly to anyone who needed it. If you really don't want it or have cold feet, I'm sure there are others that would gladly take it, but I will leave that up to you.

Otherwise, we leave it as-is and proceed with enjoying the weekend! No ill-will or butthurt here! :D

If theres any chance no one else wants it I'll take it. I think thats how it works haha

Benson

Please go ahead and remove me from the proxy. Given the circumstances, I am not at all comfortable accepting it. You can place someone else in my spot or simply pass and allow the next guy to move up and claim a blade. Thanks for the effort and opportunity anyway.

Jim

Benson

Please go ahead and remove me from the proxy. Given the circumstances, I am not at all comfortable accepting it. You can place someone else in my spot or simply pass and allow the next guy to move up and claim a blade. Thanks for the effort and opportunity anyway.

Jim
Understood, thank you Jim.

Ill gladly take that proxy since shark no longer wants it

It's my opinion that proxy didn't work out great. Sometimes things don't go off as planned. If you've already committed it to someone else you should probably honor that, but if you haven't already committed it, I'd suggest you simply abandon the proxy and let the next guy in line in the sale get it.

I appreciate everybody being calm and understanding and the general lack of drama. Extra kudos to Benson. :thumbsup:

Shark01 Shark01 , if @CataD is not able to help you out you can have my spot.
@sryt95, if Shark01 Shark01 doesn't need the proxy it's yours.
abbydaddy abbydaddy , if neither of these two need my proxy, it's yours.

Well thank you indeed Benson! I have something to hope for here! :)

However things work out I am just pleased and surprised that I was able to get this close since, thanks to tire trouble, I ended up having to try to participate from the side of the road with my phone!

Well I was going to suggest the fair thing to do was to pass it to #22 in line, but I guess this works too:D Congratulations abbydaddy abbydaddy , you're gonna love it! Such a great blade!

My apologies again for causing so much confusion with my "proxy" spot.

As stated in my previous post, I have already committed to giving that spot to @sryt95, since Shark01 Shark01 passed. My apologies to abbydaddy abbydaddy and anyone else who did not get in on the sale yesterday; I really hope that those who wanted a LC can snag one on the secondary market for a good deal at some point. Especially since this pattern is now retired.

If I ever have the chance to proxy in the future, and something like this happens, I will simply forfeit/void my proxy spot, as suggested, and the sale can proceed to the next in line (those who replied in the Sales Thread). That seems like the most fair and appropriate resolution.

This may have left some sour faces and ruffled Jimmies, but I do appreciate all the input and overall polite responses from everyone.

Looking forward to the next sale on 11/3.
(8) Behemoth Choppers!!! :D:D:D

Still rooting for you on one of these Shark01. You've had a long haul here man. Hang in there, the stars will align yet!!!

Which pattern are you wanting the most?

Still rooting for you on one of these Shark01. You've had a long haul here man. Hang in there, the stars will align yet!!!

As the coup de grâce, why not the Behemoth Chopper? ;)

I've already spoken to Jim and am happy to proxy for him whenever he wishes, he just has to holler :)

Except for the upcoming BC sale...sorry! Eek!

Back