The NEXT SALE

The fact that Nathan has yet to update the OP in this thread, leads me to believe that the projected 2/23 sale is on the back burner. I know that Nathan almost reads everything so if 2/23 is still on schedule, he should be chiming in very shortly!

We very nearly fell off schedule because we had a machine down, but we're going to just barely make it. The first production set of scales for the new Medium Chopper are on a machine now. Once they're off I can take pictures this afternoon for tomorrow's sale. I put in a long day on Tuesday and finish ground the blades, they tumbled yesterday and Mark is sharpening them now. That's cutting it pretty close...

I like dis

The thrill of battle

I'm gonna be training, see you competitors in 25 hours

Last edited:
I realize with only 5 available, it's unlikely, but I would appreciate if someone could proxy for me for a MC.

We very nearly fell off schedule because we had a machine down, but we're going to just barely make it. The first production set of scales for the new Medium Chopper are on a machine now. Once they're off I can take pictures this afternoon for tomorrow's sale. I put in a long day on Tuesday and finish ground the blades, they tumbled yesterday and Mark is sharpening them now. That's cutting it pretty close...

Thanks very much for the explanation Nathan. I'd hate ending up with too many eggs splattered all over my mug :)

Anxious to see the MC Prototype's :p

Same here Tommy. Of course I'll be vying for one very competitively but with only 5 x on the line, my chances are much dimmer than if there were say 10. I say this because over many many past trials, there have been at least a handful of people who have been consistently faster on the trigger!
I'll be lying if I say that it's no big deal not landing a bellwether MC but that said with Nathan's continued tweaking and CQI, to wait for a full on production version via a preorder list will be also a very comforting position to end up in for a couple of those finalized MCs :)

Naturally, I would love those 5 or so buggers who are much faster than me, to proxy for me too just ion case!

Fellas, listen to me! It ain't gonna happen because on a sale as small as this one for a mere handful of 1st ever batch of MCs to be released into the wild, every man / woman / child / beast will be for oneself :mad:

Word on the street is because there were 45 handle revisions or something like that the first batch of protos are going to be $1000, each. Should be a brisk sale but pretty much everyone knows they are going to be way cheaper once in production so it’s better to wait for the pre-order.

In short, skip this sale. Plzthxkbai.

True story.

Nice, the MC is coming to life, gonna be a awesome knife.
Will have to skip this sale though because I'll be at work and I'm broke from buying MOD3 night vision goggles and a FLIR pts233.

I'll be watching for the pre-sale though or maybe there will be some at Blade.:thumbsup:

Word on the street is because there were 45 handle revisions or something like that the first batch of protos are going to be $1000, each. Should be a brisk sale but pretty much everyone knows they are going to be way cheaper once in production so it’s better to wait for the pre-order.

In short, skip this sale. Plzthxkbai.

True story.

Nice try. ;)

Nate, if you can find the time, can you pls take a pic of the MC next to a LC? I like to see how different they are. I thought many might be interested too.

Thanks!

Don

Back