The OFFICIAL 2017 BLADEFORUMS KNIFE purchasing thread

I posted on the other thread, but the rest will leave tomorrow. Nice to see some already delivered!

Sucks for me now, though, 'cuz I got tendonitis from opening all those tubes and checking each and every one of the 500 knives for perfect F&F and blade centering before carefully re-packaging and shipping. Now I can't open my own 2017 BF Barlow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:oops::confused::(o_O

OH YEAH!!!! Almost forgot. I have six factory "S" models that will need homes. PM me if you want one and I will send you a link to pay. (No emails)

I posted on the other thread, but the rest will leave tomorrow. Nice to see some already delivered!

Sucks for me now, though, 'cuz I got tendonitis from opening all those tubes and checking each and every one of the 500 knives for perfect F&F and blade centering before carefully re-packaging and shipping. Now I can't open my own 2017 BF Barlow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:oops::confused::(o_O

I can only imagine, sir.

I had a slew of tubes on the bench, but did not open each one....I can only imagine....SIR.....

Thank you for your hard labor on this. I can tell you, it is GREATLY appreciated.

best regards

mqqn

:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::eek::D

How does GEC grade a Factory "S"? I would think it would be minor or they would not ship it in the first place. Thank you in advance for any info.

Marty

How does GEC grade a Factory "S"? I would think it would be minor or they would not ship it in the first place. Thank you in advance for any info.

Marty

I'll step in, here. They are knives that have enough of a cosmetic defect that they shouldn't be sold as first-quality-sight-unseen-from-the-stock-photo. Never a functional problem.

Examples are a gap in the backspring, crack at the pin in the cover, rounded cut swedge shoulder than should be sharp, etc. That kind of stuff.

Three days from coast to coast! You may have sore hands Barry but you really did an impressive task!
A little oil on the joint and my example is already in use. Perfect in all respects just a little lazy to close. I suspect with use all will be well.

I just saw 4 sellers with these posted for sale on the bay and the bids are more than twice the original price. I guess it's not my business but it sure makes me mad when these were made for our members and so many missed out.
+1 :thumbsup:

Can we please dispense with the eBay sightings and discussions of flipping in general? There's a place for it in Feedback. If you're that bothered by it, please take it there. Thanks.

wondering if its the lighting, i remember a different picture from someone where it appeared slightly yellow :eek:

Definitely not yellow, but it's lighter than it appears in my mediocre photo. I'm sure the natural micarta will darken up further as this gets carried/used/fondled. gunstockjack gunstockjack : thanks for the SUPER fast shipping!!! Wasn't expecting this until tomorrow.

Back