The official Challenge knife thread!Makers please confirm your entry

Todd,
I probably could do some chaps but I don't want to do any "on body" tailoring for a nekid Moose!!!
Balding

Ah don't worry. I woundnt think you'd be in any danger or getting poked in the eye with anything.

going on 20 pages guys, keep the b.s. up lmao!! pic's please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Ah don't worry. I woundnt think you'd be in any danger or getting poked in the eye with anything.
On the other hand.......If Moose were willing to let a nekid Kate Upton stand in for him, I could bring myself to do some "on body" taloring. And if SHE poked me in the eye with something, I would be smiling all the while and die a happy man.
Balding

Last edited:
The brass rod test is a good test.

Yes it is. I rod tested both of my 52100 blades. That's why I'm a little puzzled. The alternate obviously looked better on the brass, but my entry didn't chip and returned beautifully. Now I'm asking myself "Did I test the entire length" and I'm not sure that I did. I'll know more when I get it back.

@ James T. I ground these blades after HT since they were so thin to begin with. Took care not to overheat them while grinding also. Still not sure what I'll do with it when I get it back, but I'll have more fun testing it further.

The funny thing is, I nearly made my entry out of some .080 52100 that I was saving for some Chef knives...glad I didn't now! :)

Crazy how this thread was going, and then died at 9:30 last night.

The brass rod test is a good test.

It's start. But it can be misleading, too. You can totally fudge brass rod results on a poorly-HTed blade just by messing with the edge geometry and thickness. The only way to really test a blade is to just start cutting and chopping the stuff it was designed for :)

It's start. But it can be misleading, too. You can totally fudge brass rod results on a poorly-HTed blade just by messing with the edge geometry and thickness. The only way to really test a blade is to just start cutting and chopping the stuff it was designed for :)

Thats Right :D a little hack and whack always helps

I agree. I had the wrong blade for the wrong job. I nearly filled a garbage bag full of cardboard strips with the original edge on this knife. Now why couldn't they've built a cardboard building? ;)

But the one burning question I have is....where in the world did they come up with that kind and quantity of bamboo in TN?!?!!

I agree. I had the wrong blade for the wrong job. I nearly filled a garbage bag full of cardboard strips with the original edge on this knife. Now why couldn't they've built a cardboard building? ;)

But the one burning question I have is....where in the world did they come up with that kind and quantity of bamboo in TN?!?!!

Those cats are thugs, not bums, they dont build cardboard houses,it was raining the cardboard would fell in on them :eek:

Back