The official Challenge knife thread!Makers please confirm your entry

Is there a consolation prize for those who didn't make it past the first test?:p:grumpy::(

Uploading the last 50 pics right now.

I know its Wednesday, as I said, but I'm not sure I can get through all 16 individual reviews before I fall asleep. I got to go meet Ethan in town for lunch, but my evening is open. I planned on working on it then.

I might get the first half done tonight, but at least you'll have something to gnaw on for a little while.

Here's the three ya'll wanna see........I think

I do want to state, none of these knives were hit with anything, when the issue occurred, they were in a person's hand, and were being used, not batonned.

Maker's, feel free to inspect them upon arrival, for anything that might constitute abuse, I sincerely doubt you will find any. I closely monitored *MOST* of what was going on. There were 8 testers, getting busy as hell on some green, fresh cut bamboo.

Still took along time to make......I blame the architect.......

:D

Moose

Rick, I didn't want to admit this..........your knife was dropped.........

On some new berber carpet.......

:D

I'll see you at Blade, Canadian.

Moose

There are pics in another thread showing the challenge knives being beat through bamboo. I did a lot of carving and cutting with my knife before it left and cannot imagine this happening from hand held normal cutting tasks.

You guys just didn't realize that particular knife has a self-serrating feature built in.

Seriously, I've spoken to a few attending folks, including Ethan, and it definitely was NOT abused in any way. The failure was so catastrophic that I have to believe something went terribly wrong down the line, somewhere. There is a difference between bad performance and zero performance. I will find out why. It just sucks that it happened to be during a public challenge.

No excuses.:thumbup:

Thanks to everyone who made this happen........ and especially to the user who made me look bad.... who I very much want to beat meet at some point. Going to Blade Show, Andrew?:cool:

Rick:D

Last edited:
There are pics in another thread showing the challenge knives being beat through bamboo. I did a lot of carving and cutting with my knife before it left and cannot imagine this happening from hand held normal cutting tasks.

Feel free to check the spine when it gets back.

I just snapped a few pics of it with my camera, trying to get you a shot of the spine. I'm afraid its the best I can do.

Some knives were beat on some, nothing heavy except Tackett's, Hunt's, and Terrio's knives, because they were there to say, "Do it".

None of the 3 that were damaged were beat upon, I warned the guys up front, no rough stuff with the thin knives, and not to beat on Rick's, because, well, it costs as much as a car payment.

Moose

Feel free to check the spine when it gets back.

I just snapped a few pics of it with my camera, trying to get you a shot of the spine. I'm afraid its the best I can do.

Some knives were beat on some, nothing heavy except Tackett's, Hunt's, and Terrio's knives, because they were there to say, "Do it".

None of the 3 that were damaged were beat upon, I warned the guys up front, no rough stuff with the thin knives, and not to beat on Rick's, because, well, it costs as much as a car payment.

Moose

Thanks, I understand. I think I am more upset that it happened as Rick said "in a public setting". Stuff happens and you have to deal with it. I think the knife will now become a recurve.

Here's your knife Chris, its the best my meager camera can do.

Moose

You guys just didn't realize that particular knife has a self-serrating feature built in.

Seriously, I've spoken to a few attending folks, including Ethan, and it definitely was NOT abused in any way. The failure was so catastrophic that I have to believe something went terribly wrong down the line, somewhere. There is a difference between bad performance and zero performance. I will find out why. It just sucks that it happened to be during a public challenge.

No excuses.:thumbup:

Thanks to everyone who made this happen........ and especially to the user who made me look bad.... who I very much want to beat meet at some point. Going to Blade Show, Andrew?:cool:

Rick:D

AH!!! Internal beer bottle opener!! hehe.:D ,Eveyone knows your knives perform and look Awsome

Now, this one had the brakes beat off it....

Moose

... and not to beat on Rick's, because, well, it costs as much as a car payment.
Now I'm going to have to raise prices to cover the cost of the research needed to find out why my knife sucked.

Damn this economy.:p

Okay, I'm done now.... even joking about this is depressing me that much more. [Rick, sinks back into the shadows, to the sound of clinking beer bottles beneath his feet...]

Now I'm going to have to raise prices to cover the cost of the research needed to find out why my knife sucked.

Damn this economy.:p

Okay, I'm done now.... even joking about this is depressing me that much more. [Rick, sinks back into the shadows, to the sound of clinking beer bottles beneath his feet...]

There was some serious, near knife fighting over who was gonna take it off your hands. I called dibbs right off the bat, Ethan then threw his old ass hat in the ring for it, and there was some other guy, but I can't remember who it was.

Damn.........what a gorgeous knife.

Damn berber carpet.....

Moose

Post the results hell it will calm everyones mouth and mind then the pics can start popping up!! Get~r~done

Damn it, right when I have to leave for 4 hours of crappy trade school and 4 hours of driving to and from said school.

Know the feeling Dave ,Ready to head for the shop, this place is lit up like a bluelight special at k-mart,But im not gonna miss nothin

Back