The Official Lanyard Thread

Yeah, I'm really pleased to have mine. I bought my son one a couple years back and have wanted one for myself since that model first came out. This one came off the Exchange as brand new as could be for eighty bucks off current retail. I like big knives, don't mind a bit of weight--especially for a work/hard-duty user--and it fits my hand just great. It came with a quite sharp, toothy, BM working edge that'll sharpen up great with its excellent plunge grind/sharpening choil configuration. :D
Nice. I agree on liking larger knives as well sometimes. Getting it at a discount makes a great knife even better for sure. Benchmade and Spyderco were the first decent knives I collected and I'll always have a soft spot for them. Here's my Crooked River and the rest of my Benchmades:
S6RnHPh.jpg

uBYLcZy.jpg

L0Km8HP.jpg

I like that idea, Inspiribomb Inspiribomb . :thumbsup::cool: I just looked through my stuff and all I have for O-rings is a 40-50 year supply of tiny ones for my StarTac's thumbstud/bladestops. Way too small, so I'll pocket my Crooked River next time I'm headed to the hardware store to fit a few on that bead. :)
I found this great set of assorted O-rings on Amazon for pretty cheap ($8 for 225 assorted). I use #47's in the grooves of Hinderer Investigator pens and #15's as spacers between the leather segments on my K-Bar USMC and Dog's Head handles. They really add great grippage in both cases.
225pcs Assorted Rubber O-Ring Washer Seals Gasket Assortment Set for Car o-Ring Adhesive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073VHBM1Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_b.tHCbV6NNRPC

Last edited:
Nice. I agree on liking larger knives as well sometimes. Getting it at a discount makes a great knife even better for sure. Benchmade and Spyderco were the first decent knives I collected and I'll always have a soft spot for them. Here's my Crooked River and the rest of my Benchmades:
S6RnHPh.jpg

uBYLcZy.jpg

L0Km8HP.jpg

Is that 425 cord on the CR? Where'd you find the two-color pattern? I'd love to try some different color combos in 425 cord, but I hadn't seen them around much anywhere.

Nice Crooked River, ronin.graves ronin.graves . I just built one like yours at the Custom Shop to check it out. Did you get it there or buy it off the secondary market? What blade steel do you have?

Like you, I started my quality knife accumulation with Spyderco and Benchmade, have since moved on to higher-end knives as well, but still have a couple dozen each of those two brands and continue to buy, sell, and use them refining as well as modding what I have of each.

Is that 425 cord on the CR? Where'd you find the two-color pattern? I'd love to try some different color combos in 425 cord, but I hadn't seen them around much anywhere.
Good eye. It is 425 (3mm). I picked that up from "Paracord Planet" thru Amazon. The color is "licorice" but they have 1000s. Not quite as heavy duty as the 550 stuff I've gotten from Marbles or Paracord Galaxy, but it's pretty good and they have some cool colors:
PARACORD PLANET 10, 25, 50, and 100 Foot Hanks of 425 Paracord (3mm) Made of 100% Nylon For Tactical, Crafting, Survival, General Use, and Much More! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KNBHUEU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ujuHCbJ2Q8E7N

Good eye. It is 425 (3mm). I picked that up from "Paracord Planet" thru Amazon. The color is "licorice" but they have 1000s. Not quite as heavy duty as the 550 stuff I've gotten from Marbles or Paracord Galaxy, but it's pretty good and they have some cool colors:
PARACORD PLANET 10, 25, 50, and 100 Foot Hanks of 425 Paracord (3mm) Made of 100% Nylon For Tactical, Crafting, Survival, General Use, and Much More! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KNBHUEU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ujuHCbJ2Q8E7N

Awesome, thanks! I'm obsessively scrolling through them all now. Having some different pattern and color options would be great for my CRKs with the lanyard pins. I can do 550 cord on them, but they're really made for the 3mm cord. The cordage drawer in my desk is about to get a little more packed out!

Nice Crooked River, ronin.graves ronin.graves . I just built one like yours at the Custom Shop to check it out. Did you get it there or buy it off the secondary market? What blade steel do you have?

Like you, I started my quality knife accumulation with Spyderco and Benchmade, have since moved on to higher-end knives as well, but still have a couple dozen each of those two brands and continue to buy, sell, and use them refining as well as modding what I have of each.

I built it on the BM site. I went with S30v.
ySAD3ZO.jpg

Just checking now, Paracord Galaxy seems to have a pretty good selection of multi-colored 425 cord, Halden.

The name on the blade would be the giveaway, ronin.graves ronin.graves . ;) I have a lot of knives in more advanced steels, but with the proper heat-treat S30v is an excellent steel--sharpens well, holds an edge, and touches up easily if you don't let it go. Heck, I still really like BMK 154CM--gets wicked sharp easily. :)

Awesome, thanks! I'm obsessively scrolling through them all now. Having some different pattern and color options would be great for my CRKs with the lanyard pins. I can do 550 cord on them, but they're really made for the 3mm cord. The cordage drawer in my desk is about to get a little more packed out!
You're welcome sir. Nice. Yeah, I've started to really get into doing lanyards on certain knives. I have a couple of Winkler fixed blades coming next week I'm lookin' forward to blinging out. Post your new ones when you do some. Your lanyards always look awesome and well coordinated. It was one of your pics I think that inspired my Ferrum Forge Mordax. Here's some pics I've started keeping on Imgur: https://imgur.com/user/r0n1ndotnet

The name on the blade would be the giveaway, ronin.graves ronin.graves . ;) I have a lot of knives in more advanced steels, but with the proper heat-treat S30v is an excellent steel--sharpens well, holds an edge, and touches up easily if you don't let it go. Heck, I still really like BMK 154CM--gets wicked sharp easily. :)
Lol. Yeah, my Bedlam is 154CM I think and it's pretty good. Have been beating on it for years and years.

Last edited:
Back