The Official Lanyard Thread

Monkey's Fist:
AKcNrmw.jpg

The hard part was trying to keep the leather lacing from twisting. I wanted the smooth side facing out.

Kmikaz3 inspired me to try out some chain on a knife. We'll see tomorrow how it functions compared to leather or para. Brand New freshly pulled wire and rings. Fine silver .999 I melted down some other poorly cut rings. These turned out pretty decent. Adding just over 1/2 ounce to the overall weight.

Tomorrow may try an all copper version for my Copper Natrix. :cool:

qRPnvUI.jpg

RsVjYbk.jpg

Monkey's Fist:
AKcNrmw.jpg

The hard part was trying to keep the leather lacing from twisting. I wanted the smooth side facing out.

Now for some reason I'm picturing a chainmail configuration that would allow Paracord to run through the middle, and a whopping monkey fist hanging off the end. Very medieval image in my head right now. So it would need to look go on an appropriate knife. :D Not sure I would dare go full spiked mace. Though I do have spikes for leather.

Anyone know where I can find info or video. How to make the knots for a fob or landyard ?????

Anyone know where I can find info or video. How to make the knots for a fob or landyard ?????
Just look up snake knots, noose knots (aka coil knots) and diamond knots, and you'll have all you need to make most of these here.

Kmikaz3 inspired me to try out some chain on a knife. We'll see tomorrow how it functions compared to leather or para. Brand New freshly pulled wire and rings. Fine silver .999 I melted down some other poorly cut rings. These turned out pretty decent. Adding just over 1/2 ounce to the overall weight.

Tomorrow may try an all copper version for my Copper Natrix. :cool:

qRPnvUI.jpg

RsVjYbk.jpg

I just wanted something mean and badass for my Husky. A chain seems to fit the theme quite nicely, lol. I didnt think i would inspired someone haha! Hope you like it. But a chain dings your knife and stuff more easily than a paracord. I kept my chain outside of the pocket for that reason.

I just wanted something mean and badass for my Husky. A chain seems to fit the theme quite nicely, lol. I didnt think i would inspired someone haha! Hope you like it. But a chain dings your knife and stuff more easily than a paracord. I kept my chain outside of the pocket for that reason.

Metal number two. :D The copper rings were originally tumbled with non-stainless (less stainless ? :confused:) pins, but came out way darker than I wanted. So I re-tumbled with a stainless "jewelry mix" shot, and now looking much better. Could have left it bright and it would have tarnished fairly quick anyway. But I get a little impatient sometimes when I have an image in my head.

I'm sure the metal could beat the snot out of the knife in the right conditions. Though pure silver and copper are pretty soft. The titanium would be a little tougher, and also lighter. And easy to change up colors with a little anodizing. Will still try some of that down the road also.

WFusiYw.jpg

Metal number two. :D The copper rings were originally tumbled with non-stainless (less stainless ? :confused:) pins, but came out way darker than I wanted. So I re-tumbled with a stainless "jewelry mix" shot, and now looking much better. Could have left it bright and it would have tarnished fairly quick anyway. But I get a little impatient sometimes when I have an image in my head.

I'm sure the metal could beat the snot out of the knife in the right conditions. Though pure silver and copper are pretty soft. The titanium would be a little tougher, and also lighter. And easy to change up colors with a little anodizing. Will still try some of that down the road also.

WFusiYw.jpg
I didn’t make mine. Don’t have the talent for it. I commissioned someone on the Artsy/Crafty site. Mine are made out of anodized Ti and Black Oxidized Stainless. Also the same reason as yours, lighter but it also matches the knife scale. Its also pretty hard i might say so. It tends to scuff and eats every inside my pocket if it ever gets in.

I'm a big fan of laynards :) got the miller bros blades copper bullet and was saving it for a special knife. I kind of ruined it though because I had to cut the string to get it untied and to fit, cut it too short and realized I have no idea how to tie it back o_O been looking for a laynard maker i can send it to who would make a new one for the bullet.
JBTXz7p.jpg

eAhFCqV.jpg

I’ve noticed that in the case of certain Spyderco knives the fob, if a little long, easily gets in the way of the blade when returning the blade to the closed position. Which is why, I think, Mr. Graley has the good sense of wrapping thread on the upper segment of his fobs. I’ve also wrapped thread the way he does.

However, I’ve found another way to do the same thing. And that’s with a bit of electrical shrink material. It can be cut to any size and it seems to work well. 10978507-D913-4752-91E4-500DE9AC467D.jpeg

Back