The "Official" T.M. Hunt Custom Knives Random Chat Thread

#54 is covered in tree sap & wood chips -- spent the day helping a buddy clean up storm damage at his daughter's place -- he was impressed with how well the knife stripped branches and chopped stuff.

BUTptksIcAA8v-K_zps83woqrft.jpg

I love those guys!
You should see them fish.

so - do I keep chopping up vegetation in hopes this thing will eventually build up a patina, or should I clean it up and "Plum Brown" it? (think the finish on an old black powder rifle)
10421413_10153622767219603_9151475655290979287_n.jpg

so - do I keep chopping up vegetation in hopes this thing will eventually build up a patina, or should I clean it up and "Plum Brown" it? (think the finish on an old black powder rifle)

What would be really cool is to put the plum brown finish on it except in the draw cutting area and leave that spot bare.

10421413_10153622767219603_9151475655290979287_n.jpg

Try soaking it in stout.

That is awesome.

Thanks! I recognize the paint color. Dad pulled the same paint code that I plan to use to paint my 1961 CJ3B when he painted the tailgate for the bench. I'm glad he was able to find a new tailgate for his J20. :D

Last edited:
Not too much.. Getting stuff situated in the house and Killing a Mashcraft Oktoberfest growler.
Good looking blade.

hold the knife so the edge is perpendicular to the stick and drag it across like a paint scraper -- you will rise up a soft fluff of spark sucking goodness.

Back