The "Official" T.M. Hunt Custom Knives Random Chat Thread

I used my Magua to skin a deer today. Freaking love that little knife.

You didn't bag a deer, you're whole hunting life is a facade. Because, you my friend failed to post pictures.

Congratulations on the deer though!

You didn't bag a deer, you're whole hunting life is a facade. Because, you my friend failed to post pictures.

Congratulations on the deer though!

Thanks, Murph.

Here's proof.:D

DSC03018.JPG

Damn Cooper, next time kill one with a little meat on its bones. That one looks a little skinny! :)

Damn Cooper, next time kill one with a little meat on its bones. That one looks a little skinny! :)

The coyotes will be pissed off at me, that's for sure.

Next time I will try to take a pic when it is still in one peice.:D

Finally setting down to eat the pecan rolls that Jerry D and Mrs. D so graciously gifted us for Christmas. Figures, I waited for my daughter to come back before baking them and she didn't want anything to do with them. Chalk up another win for General Mills. More for me though!

Ha-ha! It's not such a bad problem.

Hmm... Those sound good. I wonder if the wife has any stashed away in the freezer.

trying a new deer hunting spot this afternoon -- friends got a nice sized doe there yesterday afternoon.
would be nice to have a full freezer again.
pups need chew-bones and the M9 needs a workout.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Late Christmas to you sir! .........and happy late New Year! :)

Finally setting down to eat the pecan rolls that Jerry D and Mrs. D so graciously gifted us for Christmas. Figures, I waited for my daughter to come back before baking them and she didn't want anything to do with them. Chalk up another win for General Mills. More for me though!

Mmm, yeah, the wife fixed ours the day after Jerry and Jess dropped it off. My two kids on the other hand attacked it like a wounded bunny to a pack of wolves, I managed to wrestle one small piece of my own and leaving my hands intact in the process. So, a small victory I guess...... I was delicious by the Jerry! :)

trying a new deer hunting spot this afternoon -- friends got a nice sized doe there yesterday afternoon.

Good luck, pics if you get one. I know I havnt gotten the opprotunity to deer hunt for a few years now. Hate it. I'd love to get back in the woods.

Good to hear, Todd & you're welcome! Your hands are your living... That was quite a risk you took diving in there like that. Kudos, sir!

Hope you had some success.

It is the first late winter antlerless season here, but I haven't gone out. I did, however, see 5-10 bucks of various sizes feeding in a group this evening. I guess they are baching up already, which means antlers are going to start dropping soon.

saw birds, squirrel, lots of bunny tracks, a large pile of deer sign, an eagle, another, smaller raptor of some sort, but no deer.
OTOH, I got to spent the afternoon sitting on a hillside looking over the river bottoms and a half-frozen river.

like I told the guy who showed me the spot -- deer hunting is an end unto itself.
deer shooting is a bonus.

saw birds, squirrel, lots of bunny tracks, a large pile of deer sign, an eagle, another, smaller raptor of some sort, but no deer.
OTOH, I got to spent the afternoon sitting on a hillside looking over the river bottoms and a half-frozen river.

like I told the guy who showed me the spot -- deer hunting is an end unto itself.
deer shooting is a bonus.

Agreed

I had a lengthy text conversation with the reclusive Mr. Hunt yesterday. We discussed my shiny new Tradewater, which the man himself is going to deliver to the local eatery known as Hooters. (hey..bring Murph) I have never actually seen my new knife but Todd said it was being professionally photographed. Which I take to mean it's a real beaut. I dusted off my blade forums password hoping that he was unable to keep the thing to himself and would show it off here..but alas, no Tradewater.
Sigh..

I had a lengthy text conversation with the reclusive Mr. Hunt yesterday. We discussed my shiny new Tradewater, which the man himself is going to deliver to the local eatery known as Hooters. (hey..bring Murph) I have never actually seen my new knife but Todd said it was being professionally photographed. Which I take to mean it's a real beaut. I dusted off my blade forums password hoping that he was unable to keep the thing to himself and would show it off here..but alas, no Tradewater.
Sigh..

Looking forward to seeing it!

Sigh..

I'm down, just give me heads up when.

Back