The one Busse that you will never ever sell!!

The black just looks so sweet, but the blue really catches my eye and probably looks better when dirty. Be sure to talk your uncle into taking you for a spin. Kinda like a hemi in a dodge, there is nothing like a Vette.

When the hood is up I like the black one...the blue contrasts quite nice. You couldn't go wrong with either one though :thumbup: My uncle bought a Calloway corvette a few years back...never got to ride in it though :grumpy:

Yes, definitely a collectors item, maybe you could preorder one for the 2010 year?

I may never buy another internal combustion engine car. Waiting to see reports of how the Tesla roadster holds up maintenance-wise over the next couple of years. That Jay Leno test drive youtube had for awhile from the "Leno's Garage" series looked like fun. Unfortunately, no throaty engine music--just mountains of torque across the entire rpm range. Plug and play, baby.

I thought the Challengers were being made in US just like every other Dodge?

Unless I am mistaken the Challenger is actually being made in Australia, I saw an article in the newspaper recently saying that they would also make in right hand drive to replace our Monaro.

I think the Monaro sold in the US as a Pontiac as well??

Great cars

Keepers,

Couldn't stop at one......

Picture055.jpg

From the top, clockwise:

Black/Black Micarta AK47 (Thanks Skunk)
Urban Camo/Black and Green G10 FBM (Thanks Mike)
DC/Black and Green G10 FSH Variant, 0.25" (Thanks Garth)
Satin/Snakskin Micarta HOGFSH (Thanks Garth)
Standard Black Micarta HH (Thanks Skunk)
Magnum Black Micarta HH (Thanks Skunk)
Old School Desert Camo/Snakeskin Micarta FSH, 0.25" (Thanks Garth)

I realize this is getting waaaay O-T, but whenever I start dreaming about more horsepower, I remember this painful little lesson about high-speed touring on wide-open highways out West.

Story begins with one $1.5 million Ferrari Enzo plus one long, empty highway in the Utah “outback”. The driver wants to see what his rig will do, but has never been on that particular road before. Opens it up to about 150 and comes into some little humps and dips in the road he couldn’t see to judge until he was on them. Below is the before and after—he only spent a night or two in the hospital, but bye-bye Enzo. Hello claims adjuster, "er...you see I was just..." Oh, well.

I realize this is getting waaaay O-T, but whenever I start dreaming about more horsepower, I remember this painful little lesson about high-speed touring on wide-open highways out West.

Story begins with one $1.5 million Ferrari Enzo plus one long, empty highway in the Utah “outback”. The driver wants to see what his rig will do, but has never been on that particular road before. Opens it up to about 150 and comes into some little humps and dips in the road he couldn’t see to judge until he was on them. Below is the before and after—he only spent a night or two in the hospital, but bye-bye Enzo. Hello claims adjuster, "er...you see I was just..." Oh, well.

Haha before I call the driver an idiot is wasn't you right? Seriously though...the driver is lucky he wasn't injured that bad

There are many that I have that I'll never sell short of major desparation...

... And then here's a few that will never go. A heckuva lot more than 1! The short list:

Blues_Warden-small.jpg

CupidGanza_81.jpg

CupidGanza_21.jpg

ThinNick-Variant_Fogo-SteakKnife.jpg

CupidGanza_76a.jpg

NO_E-variant1.jpg

No_Regrets-1.jpg

RedStripe_RWMSPC.jpg

FBM_Prototypes.jpg

27HOGFSH_Excalibur_comp.jpg

Somehow, I'd bet he was well over 150 when that happened. That sucks, but hey shizzle happens.

Dang, those are some nice spearpoint FBM's, Jaxx.

Somehow, I'd bet he was well over 150 when that happened. That sucks, but hey shizzle happens.

I dunno…as I recall, that was the guy’s story—I just saved the pics. You don’t see them as much since a couple of guys have gotten killed, but a few years back it was popular to stage charity events on back highways in some of the less-populated Western states. The set-up progresses across the state with the highway patrol shutting down long stretches of back-country road for a couple of hours while the paying participants scream through the countryside with nothing but their own good sense and skill to keep them on the road.

Unfortunately, these events have a tendency to draw people with more money than brains, and this story was not an unusual result. My recollection was that the guy in the Enzo had been clocked at 175 the day before by a state trooper who was issuing “staged” speeding tickets. The trooper sets up a speed gun where everybody knows he’ll be, they crank it up as fast as they can going through the speed trap, and then get a ticket issued in their name on the official state citation form. The “fine” goes to charity as part of the event, and the driver gets to keep the ticket to hang on his wall as a trophy, “proving” he was going the cited speed.

But on the day he bought it, I think he said he was a few miles behind the Porsche shown in the “before” picture above and was trying to catch up. Hit the “hoodoos” before he realized he was on them and just didn’t slow down enough, losing control at about 145 mph. Compared to 175 mph that doesn’t seem so fast, but a big chunk of fiberglass and metal really won’t hang together that well, cart wheeling across the desert at 145.

Back