The one(s) that got away

MADDMAN

Platinum Member
Sadly, there have been more than a few choice blades over the years that I let get away, and continue to lament the loss... The ever elusive TGLB in Comp Finish, a beautiful custom shop NMSFNO that I had made with Black Canvas and red liners, a clip-point DSSF, a bowie style Battle-Mistress with hand-smoothed black G10 handles and matching FSH (from a past Ganzaa), an MO CGFBM that I NEVER should have sold; a stunning SK; the list goes on...

I'd be interested to know if there are any out there that have similar late night musings, and regrets--tell us about those that got away... pics welcome!
(I'll add some shortly )

...and for the love of all that is sacred; if you have one of mine--PM me! ;)

Last edited:
Sadly, there have been more than a few choice blades over the years that I let get away, and continue to lament the loss... The ever elusive TGLB in Comp Finish, a beautiful custom shop NMSFNO that I had made with Black Canvas and red liners, a clip-point DSSF, a bowie style Battle-Mistress with hand-smoothed black G10 handles and matching FSH (from a past Ganzaa), a MO CGFBM that I NEVER should have sold; the list goes on...

I be interested to know if there are any out there that have similar regrets, and tell us about those that got away... pics welcome!
(I'll add some shortly )

...and for the love of all that is sacred; if you have one of mine--PM me! ;)

That bowie Battle Mistress was from the 2014 cupid ganzaa. I know because I let slip the matching bowie FSH and its been a hole in my heart ever since :(

I'm sad whenever I need to sell a blade. Fortunately, it's always because I need funds for another. But man... I would love to keep em all.
The last I regret letting go was my snakeskin dsf. But it's in good hands.

Dragon's Fang... coulda, shoulda, didn't.
Chi town BA Ergo variant with MP42 bolster...but it's where it should be.
Folder proto from 2014...it was in my hand, should have thrown a wad of cash @ Jerry on Saturday and ran off with it...! ;) lol

There a a few (even Scrapyard) that I regret not grabbing, but the biggest standout for me was not getting the Team Gemini Desert Crusader, or even the regular crusader-those things were awesome

Reactions: Ccc
I've acquired many nice Busse & kin blades over the years and sold a bunch to acquire others too. I have had quite a few leaving this year to help fund my new business startup, but being able to be creative, be my own boss and make things like this out of concrete for other folks to enjoy is very rewarding and well worth it, so no regrets.
ngbA18A.jpg

af5Hjzx.jpg

OGV48BR.jpg

I've acquired many nice Busse & kin blades over the years and sold a bunch to acquire others too. I have had quite a few leaving this year to help fund my new business startup, but being able to be creative, be my own boss and make things like this out of concrete for other folks to enjoy is very rewarding and well worth it, so no regrets.
ngbA18A.jpg

af5Hjzx.jpg

OGV48BR.jpg
Looks fantastic Tim!
Also saw some of the work you did for Zhntr... PM me when you're able.

AZ - the way you are setting up for life ahead is priceless. And I only speak vicariously through a buddy who is doing the same (different business). All the best to you.

The only knife I have ever considered buying the same one of once gone is the bronze CGFBM, and letting go my fully comp-stripped CGFBM. Should have kept one of the 2...now I have no CGFBM and Im not sure how...

Thats not to say that I don't have a few multiples of the same model.

My sales also go to fund other knife purchases as well, and at ONE point I was neutral based on my head-math - just neutral on the cash outlay - not that I made my my money back to cover the original expense of a bunch of knives I bought in rapid succession!!!

C

Thanks guys, but since this thread is about old days of our knives lost, I'll share some that have come and gone over the years. This post is my imgur stuff, will post tinypic stuff separately.
Some Res-C (best user handle material for the weight)
HEVSWKI.jpg

FUdsMcW.jpg

PeHu3ML.jpg

Maroon Canvas Micarta (my favorite of the standard canvas options)
6l1znUd.jpg

MnK1VtD.jpg

xKV5Kc3.jpg

Black Canvas Micarta
zCDRD0X.jpg

fhE38m8.jpg

The only one I regret not ordering is TGLB when it was available and cs open.

These are all ones that got away:
2rr6wet.jpg

2wef1vq.jpg

6syxr4.jpg

z3bqu.jpg

mjo1he.jpg

2chkwgp.jpg

2yzeftk.jpg

2njes94.jpg

20i9oqo.jpg

30ldxja.jpg

o8xf9s.jpg

2l90dog.jpg

2vbtx0y.jpg

2qm0wi0.jpg

20t48sm.jpg

Factory CF Skinny ASH1
14wyfrp.jpg

Fusion Fury
2vkhymp.jpg

Custom BWM LE
25frlg2.jpg

Ban'd Ratweiler this thing was SHARP
a4n8tw.jpg

Blade '12 SOS BJLE
1zbcm05.jpg

2dkj0xh.jpg

2088qz6.jpg

aff28n.jpg

qz3eqw.jpg

ek2fro.jpg

8y88ps.jpg

11rg6ee.jpg

Show special INFI S5 that was not SE or LE or sterile
nmb29f.jpg

CF SOB
2vacp5s.jpg

RMD custom ordered with blue liners, think I saw this one on the X recently
nckoip.jpg

ra2tdz.jpg

HOG Muk
2cfvz7l.jpg

B11 stripper
27y5tzb.jpg

Sterile tan rat set... took years to gather, a day to lose LOL
4hqsck.jpg

1/300 ASHBM's, so pretty
qxjm7m.jpg

2zisx2s.jpg

Blood Mutt
w9cfi1.jpg

TTKZ SharkZilla the JAWS of the chopping world
35ix5ki.jpg

Bronze CGFBM
mh9gll.jpg

BAD
2mqp4y9.jpg

SS4
2isgopk.jpg

Scrapmax set from Blade '12
ogxhfk.jpg

BWM from my first Busse order and one of my earliest mods
23qxva1.jpg

CABS LE
2lxz3tw.jpg

Another Blade '12 score, KDSH
n2oopl.jpg

NMFSH from original run, dcbb
iyfre0.jpg

BOSS Jack proto satin
jg0bbb.jpg

Blade '12 scores... that CGFBM had no CBT's yet was only .24" thick, I do regret that one.
2ldkjrd.jpg

Hawkeye dagger, I only regret that this one wound up in China and then was poorly imitated
2j3offs.jpg

DSSF
2lsuv6p.jpg

SJTAC LE
2pysutg.jpg

RMD CS
9ay5x3.jpg

Rodent Rucki
2agufdt.jpg

TantoManDu from Blade '12
iqc5c6.jpg

Bruiser Warden
14mt4wl.jpg

Jungle Green B11
30lmqhc.jpg

Factory CF SJTAC
2j4q9kw.jpg

SARGE7 and NMSFNO
2ev87zq.jpg

Pork Shank & NMSFNO
u7ar4.jpg

Bruisers that got away
5mwgg1.jpg

Rodent Solution & Waki
2883tyq.jpg

Coyote 1911 scales
2edv9g8.jpg

Pumpkin Pork Shank from Blade '12
fx5x02.jpg

Oh yeah... satin with standard bruiser NMFBM... oops...
2qakz8g.jpg

Bruiser Muk
rku2km.jpg

Bruiser satin Tweener Meaner another Oops...
bgwcjl.jpg

21becz.jpg

.27 saber FBM Bruiser... another oops... I was better off before I reviewed all these LOL
15p4xsm.jpg

SAR 6 Tequila
xm92qw.jpg

HOG Muk LE
2mx3net.jpg

SAR 4 LE
2z7g55z.jpg

SAR 5 Pumpkin
b81o94.jpg

HACK Caper, gave this one to a friend
8ydlqx.jpg

Tan & black warden
8yz7.jpg

SFNO show special
2rxh5p1.jpg

NMSFNO stripper went to big Dave
os4pw3.jpg

BJ Proto from the ganza they came out in
3468bow.jpg

Sandstorm ASH1 LE
9sv2x2.jpg

HOG FSH & .27 FFG Black Linen FSH
5tysg8.jpg

Argh... SAR8, Green Linen FSH, Black Linen FSH, Mudsnake SFNO, Tigerhide SJTAC... I was dumb little piglet way back when I let those slip through... LOL
28l50ki.jpg

Back