The one(s) that got away

Wow Tim ! I mean like WOW !!

I was just gonna post two possibly three. Geez ,, that's some serious amount of steel let go into the wild. Had to have been a wild ride having had all those.

Here's my two
IMG_2077.PNG IMG_2078.PNG

When I first learned of Busse knives, they were still selling the TGLB and a few other blades off their website.

I wanted one, with a passion. Didn't know that their knife runs were limited in time, so I figured I'd save $ for another day as my other hobby (shooting) was looking dark as to gun control. So my $ went towards that hobby.

Then it disappeared and I learned a hard lesson. If they are selling it and I want it, buy it when I see it.

Wow Tim ! I mean like WOW !!

I was just gonna post two possibly three. Geez ,, that's some serious amount of steel let go into the wild. Had to have been a wild ride having had all those.

Here's my two
View attachment 756814 View attachment 756815
There's more than that, I just can't find all of the pics. The fact that I have had to INFI out to INFI in for a long time has made it quite a fun adventure indeed. :)
Oh yeah, that's another one and might even be the same knife that I scored at the AG Russell show back in 2010. That was one of the thinner blanks for an NMSFNO that I should have kept, especially with the Jungle Storm G10. ;) I let it go to Trevor/KH.
2v14600.jpg

These were some others from that show that moved on:

SledgeHammer
erhemv.jpg

Yellow & black or possibly old school green linen CGFBM... this one I should have kept.
4jq9h0.jpg

SOD
2nw0krb.jpg

Another NMSFNO
2egejdc.jpg

.20" thick flat ground ASH1 with standard scales... rare bird.
244teuc.jpg

Oh, and the NMFBM & Bruiser AK47 moved on too
2d9u5qw.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that's crazy ! Mine was thin also !!! I was a newbie and let it go :-( but have replaced it with a Garth edt :)

NMFBM and a CGFBM. I'll get one of each again one day.
Never put together the funds for a MOAB, but it is also on the list.

I'm lucky not to regret much as I'm ultra selective in what I purchase and have been fortunate to be able to hold on to most.... however....both blades in my signature line for sure, the BBLE, yeah passed on this one like a dumb ass lil piglet, and all the shyt in AZTimT AZTimT photos in bruiser haha lol:D:p:D.... nice pics Tim!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Bama Clay public defender that I set down at Blade West years ago. Mikeymoto still has it I believe.

I had a TGLB that upon stripping I found what appeared to be hardness testing marks near the logo. At the time they bothered me and I had another one anyway so I sold it. After that I've always thought it was a mistake letting go a blade that may have actually tested for proper hardness by the heat treat master himself. Now I have an ASH2 that bears the same marks. I'm not in love with orange g10 handles so every once in a while I think about trading it off for one with black canvas but those marks keep telling me to hold on to it.

I try not to think about it.... Dont wana get depressed lol instead im thinking about all the blades im gona get.... Again lol the pursuit of INFI is half the fun lol and im glad all U guys are out here to share it with.
No Regrets INFIHOLICS... or so they keep saying

Last edited:
I had a MOAB in Satin with Snake Skin handles and a MOASH in Satin with Snake skin I wish I kept. But, I had a family member with an addiction and I sold all my knives five years ago or so to pay for treatment. 20 years of collecting posted on Ebay or sold to dealers. It was a lot of different brands. Some very rare blades. But my family member is doing ok so it was worth it.

I have started collecting again. Over 30 Busse knives so far!

So much awesome stuff here.

I gave my dad a hammered silver Swamp Warden from my 2016 Grab Bag and followed with an AZWelke kydex sheath for it, then he slapped some tiger maple scales on it, which prevented full insertion into the sheath (he's a woodworker and I get it, a hammered silver Swamp Warden is a little slick). It looks good, but I sort of face-palmed over it with regard to the sheath and realize I should have given him a different knife. I've been after a Swamp Warden or Scrapivore ever since, but when they become available I'm either too slow on the draw or don't have the funds available.

ohIlUaa.jpg

Iz755og.jpg

gjuo7Sw.jpg

wzIpNH8.jpg

So much awesome stuff here.

I gave my dad a hammered silver Swamp Warden from my 2016 Grab Bag and followed with an AZWelke kydex sheath for it, then he slapped some tiger maple scales on it, which prevented full insertion into the sheath (he's a woodworker and I get it, a hammered silver Swamp Warden is a little slick). It looks good, but I sort of face-palmed over it with regard to the sheath and realize I should have given him a different knife. I've been after a Swamp Warden or Scrapivore ever since, but when they become available I'm either too slow on the draw or don't have the funds available.

ohIlUaa.jpg

Iz755og.jpg

gjuo7Sw.jpg

wzIpNH8.jpg
There were some nice ones last night on the exchange. Backchannel the seller he has more

Back