The other ZT no one is talking about! ZT0456

Wow G2, those pics are works of art.

••••••••••••••••••••
People are Strange, When You're a Stranger....

Thanks guys, I knew when I saw it, I'd want to try and capture those facets, nice knife indeed.
G2

Was out with our pup today, grabbed a dead branch and started whittling, man, this thing is really nice, I know I've said that before about so many others, but, I am liking this overall knife, well done Sinkevich on the design and kudos for ZT on bringing it to fruition !
G2

The blade shape sort of reminds me of a big beefy cousin of my 770cf. Love the solid feel and buttery smooth action.

5fpthk.jpg

nx29g6.jpg

Exactly! and while I really loved the looks of the 0770 cf, it was just too narrow on the spine, so this certainly is a change! :)

I did some heavier cutting and that pocket clip can get in your palm, wasn't that great a feeling, may need to look into a different clip for this rascal or remove it altogether.
G2

Unfortunately, price is the only thing stopping me. I think it looks like a great design of its kind. I just don't know if it is worth the price for me right now. Hopefully I'll pick one up relatively soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My 0456 arrived yesterday.

Pros
- Knife is surprisingly well-balanced (I thought it would be more "butt-heavy", but the balance point is right in the index finger groove).
- Action is amazing. Deployment is quick and snappy (It's up there with the 801 and 562 which are some of the best flippers that ZT produces).
- When disengaging the lockbar, the blade clears detent when the flipper tab hits your thumb.
- Ti Milled Scales are beautifully executed with a high level of precision and consistency.

Cons
- Anodized "custom" pivot, pocket clip, and backspacer are all three very different shades of blue.
- It's a chunker at 6.25 ounces.
- Jimping on the front of the flipper tab would be a welcome addition, as this knife flips great with a light switch motion.

Someone mentioned it was a "potato", I would have to agree. It's a futuristic, titanium potato.

Ok it has been over a month since my original post and I still stand behind everything I said about the 456. This knife has performed beyond belief and I still absolutely love it. Used it like crazy, holds an edge for a really long time, still looks great and the weight just does not bother me. I think it is a shame that so many that look at this thread and will see the negative comments on the first few pages and be turned off by this knife.

https://flic.kr/p/GngKCZ https://www.flickr.com/photos/57703464@N02/

I finally stuck mine in my pocket a few days ago. It still seems small to me; but it's got enough heft in hand that I'm trying to get over that. This is too nice a knife to sit unused.

Sorry I'm late to the party. I've been eyeing this one all year, and finally broke down a few weeks ago and purchased it:

I really like it. My only complaint is that I think I need to have two. One to keep pristine, and one to actually use.

Not gonna lie I am absolutely stunned and shocked by the amount of dislike for this knife.

I'm a bit surprised as well. Admittedly I was slow to warm up to the knife. I mean, I liked it...even more when I saw one in person back in June. It just took me a while to get around to ordering it. Like others I was a bit concerned with the weight, and I was concerned about it being too pretty to use. But wow...is it a nice knife! As good as any mid-tech or custom I've handled.

I'm a bit surprised as well. Admittedly I was slow to warm up to the knife. I mean, I liked it...even more when I saw one in person back in June. It just took me a while to get around to ordering it. Like others I was a bit concerned with the weight, and I was concerned about it being too pretty to use. But wow...is it a nice knife! As good as any mid-tech or custom I've handled.

It took some of our customers a while as well. The past couple of months they have been breaking down and getting them and I have had all of them say they wish they had pulled the trigger earlier!

I still carry mine almost everyday!

https://flic.kr/p/MLfpK7 https://www.flickr.com/photos/57703464@N02/

I love the 0456. It is at the top of my ZT's. Flips fast and feels great in the hand. I like the appearance and the blade shape.

Same for me. Many of the ZT's are just too THIN for me. I LOVE the thicker scales the 0456. It gives me plenty of surface area to hang on to. The surface of the scales has a nicely contoured cross section, adding to the excellent ergonomics. And the surface of the scales has a nice texture, without being overly aggressive.

I love the blade shape. Mostly, just because it's a little different looking. It does everything I want it to do. It holds a sharp edge incredibly well.

I carry my 0456 in a nylon holster on my belt. I don't notice that it's heavy. I don't notice it at all. It's far and away the nicest EDC knife I've ever owned. I just love it.

And I think the knife is just drop dead gorgeous to look at. The beautiful blue color on the titanium scales just looks SO NICE to me.

Nice - is the anodizing wearing off of the pivot, pocket clip, and backspacer?

Definitely wearing off the pivot and some on the pocket clip but not really off the back spacer. Most of the wear on mine though is because I will drop it in my pocket with my keys. I like the wear, gives it a blue washed look!

Back