The "P&L Statement" Is Coming Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Is this the standard 12-14 weeks situation? I'd like to get in on the drop, but with Christmas, all the spare scratch is gone. If we have some time between drop and fulfillment, that would be ideal.

Here you go! :thumbsup::cool:

Let's Drink!:cool:

Jerry:D

PLS%20DC%20Handle-X3.jpg

Yup, if the NF and the F16 had a baby, that would be the handle. Looks very comfortable.

Anyone else really liking the tan/black handles? Not necessarily just on this one, but on any.

Side note: Need to quit reading the forums or I'll go broke......

Is this the standard 12-14 weeks situation? I'd like to get in on the drop, but with Christmas, all the spare scratch is gone. If we have some time between drop and fulfillment, that would be ideal.
I'm the very same. But it looks like there's going to be a gap between orders and ding so i'll probably go in for one for now.

Here you go! :thumbsup::cool:

Let's Drink!:cool:

Jerry:D

PLS%20DC%20Handle-X3.jpg

Freaking Awesome Handle Bossman! Dang with a Harpoon compound grind blade what an awesome package brother!! Sweet Deal!! This is definitely gonna be a hiking companion and maybe a range hand too!! Definitely Comp finish blade but not sure on Handle. Hmmm, maybe Black G10 or Black Micarta! But that Black and Tan G10 looks awesome! Gonna have to drink on this!!Cheers!!

When the lanyard hole is on the top of the grip and not the bottom of the grip, what is that hole used for? Is there any reason to have it on the top and not the bottom?

Boss Hog any chance we can get Yellow and Black G10 back as an option? I loved that grip combo.

Besides the appearance, what is the point of choosing the competition finish? It’s my understanding it’s most prone to rusting.

When the lanyard hole is on the top of the grip and not the bottom of the grip, what is that hole used for? Is there any reason to have it on the top and not the bottom?

Boss Hog any chance we can get Yellow and Black G10 back as an option? I loved that grip combo.

It doesn't necessarily have a use. The "Talon Hole" in that location is a Registered Trademark of the Busse Combat Knife Co. No other knife maker/manufacturer is able to use that feature. https://www.bussecombat.com/anatomy-of-a-busse/

In actual use, I find a forward lanyard much safer and more beneficial than a rear lanyard. When you lose your grip, the knife doesn't come swinging at you like if it had a rear lanyard. It also acts as an additional hand stop.

Regarding your question about Double Cut (DC) vs Comp Finish, it's preference.
DC gives less shine/glare, if you care. But I find the finish more "even", if you will. It is a double blasted finish, so microscopically speaking, probably more porous, more friction. But it's a VERY fine double-blasted finish. Pretty slick already.
Comp finish may be a tad more slick than DC. It's shinier. And actually hides blemishes better... because it's not a high polish and has unevenness (machining marks) in it's finish already.

Both are perfectly fine (great) finishes for a user blade. Personal preference would dictate finish choice more than anything for most. (I believe)

Besides the appearance, what is the point of choosing the competition finish? It’s my understanding it’s most prone to rusting.

Maybe...

DC would probably be more prone to rusting, but with INFI it really isn't much of an issue.

Agree, overall, not much of an issue.
However, there are exceptions.

NFSH, comp finish. Didn’t rust... but after use, there were some weird orange stains all over the blade. I do not remember the condition I stored it. I usually clean (with soap and water), air dry, and put a LIGHT coat of SLIP2000 on my naked blades. I might have missed the lube on the NFSH. I do not remember.

BIG DC is rougher, no doubt. But it looks better. Until you use it. It begins to get scuffed, and trends then toward Comp finish, as you clean it aggressively to get rid of scum. Or at least I did. This is what I’m seeing on my BIG DC TGULB, probably my most hammered BIG DC INFI. It doesn’t look bad. To me. However, I will say that I’ve never had any kind of discoloration problem with BIG DC. Not like I saw on my Comp finish NFSH. That’s not my only comp finish, though. And I’ve used other comp finish just as much and not seen the discoloration. Probably due to my post use cleaning protocol one time in the NFSH. But I can’t guarantee that.
I’m going black or maroon micarta on BIG DC on this offering. Between the two (comp or BIG DC), I’ll take the less expensive. Both are better that stripping a Combat grade, IMO. My worst experience with corrosion with INFI is when I have stripped a combat grade, and there’s been carburization, or whatever, left over. A true pain in the ass. Take that for what it’s worth.

Do I really need 2 ?

Back