The Pathfinder Club - Members Only!

Well, bucklife, I’m not sure what kind of spacers you have. The one line knifes have fiber first and micarta later. I think it is fiber because I can’t see the the structure of the canvas, the micarta is made of.

Haebbie
Ok thanks did any of the 105s ever have leather spacers

Nice! That handle looks really comfortable and like it would offer a positive grip. So what are your plans for this one? I think it would be a great candidate for spa treatment including having the Drummond American logo removed, unless that corporation means something to you.

Nice! That handle looks really comfortable and like it would offer a positive grip. So what are your plans for this one? I think it would be a great candidate for spa treatment including having the Drummond American logo removed, unless that corporation means something to you.
Yeah it’s going for a SPA treatment and I want the logo removed

Thanks to sass and bucklife's input, I started thinking deeper about the 105's year of introduction, so I decided to ask Joe Houser before I moved forward with my t-shirt project. After all, the "Buck" stops with Joe.:thumbsup: Here is his reply...

Hello Tom,

While the 1961 version will be the most recognizable one, it isn’t when the 105 was introduced. If you want the date that represents its introduction, you should go with 1947. The "All purpose knife", which was later named the Pathfinder, can be seen in magazine ads from March of 1947. We don’t know when Hoyt made the first 105, but I feel confident in saying that 1947 was the first time we know of that it was advertised for sale in print. It's also the longest running model in the Buck line. I really like your idea of a shirt by the way!

Take care,

Joe Houser
Buck Knives Inc.

Introducing the unofficial, unauthorized, undeniably unique Pathfinder shirt...:)

RfXMeGu.jpg

hbhqho1.jpg

Thanks to sass and bucklife's input, I started thinking deeper about the 105's year of introduction, so I decided to ask Joe Houser before I moved forward with my t-shirt project. After all, the "Buck" stops with Joe.:thumbsup: Here is his reply...

Hello Tom,

While the 1961 version will be the most recognizable one, it isn’t when the 105 was introduced. If you want the date that represents its introduction, you should go with 1947. The "All purpose knife", which was later named the Pathfinder, can be seen in magazine ads from March of 1947. We don’t know when Hoyt made the first 105, but I feel confident in saying that 1947 was the first time we know of that it was advertised for sale in print. It's also the longest running model in the Buck line. I really like your idea of a shirt by the way!

Take care,

Joe Houser
Buck Knives Inc.

Introducing the unofficial, unauthorized, undeniably unique Pathfinder shirt...:)

RfXMeGu.jpg

hbhqho1.jpg
Is that your shirt? Where is mine

Hello Tom,

Take care,

Joe Houser
Buck Knives Inc.

RfXMeGu.jpg

hbhqho1.jpg

I like that shirt.

Haebbie

Reactions: TAH
Wow, I didn't know the history. "longest running model in the Buck line." Look at all these great old examples! What a surprise.

I hope these TShirts go on sale!!!

Back